Wednesday, February 2, 2022

Wednesday, Ground Hog Day


 And to think there are no ground hog cards, or candy or baskets... What is wrong with us? Did you know that now people are making Valentine baskets for their kids?  Like a plastic basket filled with all kinds of candy akin to an Easter basket.  Well not this mom.  Sorry.  I will frost heart shaped cookies, I will make homemade shortbread dipped in chocolate, with my heart shortbread pan.  That is, it. 

Hubs always buys the girls a box of chocolates.  But I am just surprised that we are not out spending money on ground hog's day.  How about a little plush ground hog? Come on Ye American consumer's we can exploit this if we try.

The grocery adds were beyond dismal.  I mean the only thing that was of any interest to me was ice cream was on sale.  I don't need ice cream in my freezer as I will just eat it.  The meat sales(snort) were also outrageous. I am so glad I am doing a freezer/pantry challenge again.  There is nothing I want to buy.

I made enough chili yesterday for an army.  But I will freeze what we don't eat today for meals. I need to learn to cook for two.  Will that ever happen?

The shop was so busy yesterday and I was so happy about it. I sewed most of the afternoon and I have a full day of sewing ahead of me.  I am also happy about that. 

Ran over to Lil sis's last night and picked up her mother of the bride dress so I could alter it. Still have to alter her daughter's dress.  But I will get to that soon..... (When she starts nagging me)

Any good grocery deals in you part of the woods? Do you think we go overboard on holiday crap?

Have a great and productive day staying positive while you are in the negative.

Kim

21 comments:

  1. You may not see much in stores but there is a market out there. Just google ground hog day merchandise. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. We actually receive out ads on Thurs. even though the sales start on Wed. Guarantee we won't get a paper the next couple days because of weather.
    Wouldn't go anyway - so I don't care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't get people started. What color would the M&Ms be? Red and green ones are here. Maybe dirt color and brown? Groundhogs are not cuddly as bunnies. Shhh!

    Nothing in the ads here! What happened to first of the month good deals? Oh well. It is raining so I would not go out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess there is merchandise you just have to look for it. I will not be doing that.

      Delete
  4. If you ever figure out how to cook for two will you teach me?
    Our food ads were pretty crappy also. Im glad I really need nothing this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Specials and deals? What are these things you speak of? Going to the store is down right depressing these days.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What deals? Seriously! Last week, I was looking for chicken breast, and could not find any. It's pretty dismal out there. Trying to be creative with alternate ways to eat. Lots of plant based goodness for this gal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why I am eating chili for the 4th time this week.

      Delete
  7. We do NO Hallmark events. It's a consumerist plot to separate people from their money. And the women who expect jewelry every stinkin' year? I feel sorry for those guys. How meaningful can that actually be?

    rant over.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really jewelry every year is a thing? I did not know. I hardly wear Jewelry. What a waste.

      Delete
  8. I haven't learned to cook for two yet and keep thinking of when extras might be here. I'm doing a pantry challenge and kind of excited. No baskets for Valentine's but I too may bake. Not buying any ground hogs shite either!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have never learned to cook for two. My family says I cook for an army no matter how many people will be eating. Good thing we like lots of leftovers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We like leftovers also, or there would be a lot of waste here.

      Delete
  10. You know, I was just thinking about how I still cook for all of us! Sometimes it is just Steve, FLynn and me if Rhett is working or aout with his girlfriend. I have never figured out how to cook for less! Have a cozy afternoon, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know there are books out there cooking for two., But that seems like such a waste of time.

      Delete
  11. Hello Everyone,

    Welcome to the future! Financing made easy with Prof. Mrs. DOROTHY LOAN INVESTMENTS

    Have you been looking for financing options for your new business plans, Are you seeking for a loan to expand your existing business, Do you find yourself in a bit of trouble with unpaid bills and you don’t know which way to go or where to turn to? Have you been turned down by your banks? MRS. DOROTHY LOAN INVESTMENTS says YES when your banks say NO. Contact us as we offer financial services at a low and affordable interest rate of 2% for long and short term loans. Interested applicants should contact us for further loan acquisition procedures via Whatsapp +12156195367 profdorothyinvestments@gmail.com

    Services rendered include:

    * Refinancing Loans
    * Car Loan
    * Truck Loans
    * COVID-19 Financing Loan
    * Home Loan
    * Mortgage Loan
    * Debt Consolidation Loan
    * Farm Loan
    * Business Loan [secure and unsecured]
    * Personal Loan [secure and unsecured]
    * Students Loan and so many others.

    For more info; Contact us via WhatsApp Number +12156195367 Email profdorothyinvestments@gmail.com

    With Prof. Mrs. DOROTHY LOAN INVESTMENTS. you can say goodbye to all your financial crisis and difficulties as we are certified, trustworthy, reliable, efficient, fast and dynamic

    ReplyDelete