Wednesday, February 23, 2022

Tuesday, Sew busy, Cold!


 It is very cold here and very dry.  So yesterday was a nightmare hand sewing.  I had a lot of hand sewing to do on several wedding dresses and my thread would not stay unknotted.  I could not use wax on a wedding dress, so it was a lot of swearing under my breathe. I would try and dampen the thread, but it would dry out immediately and knot.  I think today will be worse.  Oh joy!

Two more wedding dresses in yesterday. I did not get the shop cleaned as I spent most of my time swearing under my breathe. EVEN KEEPING MY THREAD REALLY SHORT DID NOT HELP.

Daughter #3 found a bed on face book marketplace for our Oliver. HE is now crawling out of his crib, and landing, thump on the floor. It was down here in the valley and a good price.  Hub's and I went and picked it up this morning with the truck and hubs took it up to the University to drop it off at their apartment. I am so happy to see my kids use this resource. It saves so much money for them.

I did not get to make enchiladas yesterday as dinner time crept up on me as I was fighting knots and the chicken was still knot (excuse pun) thawed all the way.  SO, I made a quick dinner, out of large sausage dogs, frozen corn and potatoes.  After I arrived home from getting the bed loaded, I put the chicken in the oven to bake so I can take is off the bone later today.

Lil sis is so funny.  She has a tendency to be a last-minute person.  As in she puts off important things and then tries to hurry and make up for lost time. She is notorious for driving way over the speed limit to get to airports on time and then almost missing or missing flights.  We both have huge procrastination problems.  Hers is worse than mine.  Sissie got all the on-time genes.  Sissie plans everything, and she beats the two of us up when she is with us. Anyway, I digress.  As I have been on way too many butt clenching drives to airports with Lil sis, I have started lately to insist that I come and spend the night with her if it is an early flight out.

Now she was really offended by this the first time I did it, but tough beans, I was not putting my life and my blood pressure on the line for her anymore.  The last time I had to get across country in time for a meeting, she was not as owly about it.  Yesterday, she requested I come and spend the night with her to make sure she was fully packed the suitcase in my car, my alarm set, and I will get her A$$ up and shoved into the car and get her to the airport on time.  I think she likes not having the stress, or she is just lazy.  Probably a combo.

If you guys have not seen the Facebook post of Slug's dancing with her son at the wedding, you have to see it, I laughed until I hurt.  She is just so much fun.  She is up for anything and is so adventuress. They are just so cute. I hope she posts it on her blog when she gets home.

Grocery adds were dismal again.  I mean not a thing I would buy.  I will get apple juice which is a special at .99 limit 2.  The two grand babies drink this when they are here. We will have Oliver tomorrow late and he will spend the night and then his other grandma will pick him up here and take him to her place.  Daughter's work is already down one operator and she just found out another is retiring tomorrow. I don't have any idea what this will hold for her schedule, but she has now been a straight 12 days on.  It is crazy.  Her job is not just something you can jump into.  It requires training, and passing of National exams, plus she has a chemistry and micro bio degree for the lab work.  I expect we will be doing more sitting of Oliver in the future. I am so happy it is getting nicer outside at the end of the week.  This way we can play outside with grandpa and leave grandma to sewing.  Usually, Hub's goes up to their place to free me up from the distraction.

Well, I am off to see if I can finish up a wedding dress without having the problems I had yesterday. You might hear me screaming.

Have a great and productive day staying positive while you are in the negative.


Kim




18 comments:

  1. You are always so busy! Great deal on getting a bed for the grand on FB. You taught them well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sending you good vibes for no more knots! I do a little bit of hand-sewing, just repairs and buttons and hems, that sort of thing, and I hate it when the thread knots! Arg!

    I'm one of those early people - I need to get places early! It's nice that you get to spend time with your grandson, but I feel for your poor daughter!

    Take care, Kim!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Shielah, we love our grandkids, they are fun and keep us young.

      Delete
  3. Well, good that you are bringing in lots of business, bad that you're exhausted! Hang in there, Kim!

    When our stores have great deals with # limits, I usually drag hubby with me & we each get the limit! Double the fun! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I try to do that, but Hub's does not like it. Sometimes I tell him too bad.

      Delete
  4. As I noted yesterday on my blog, ads were not good here, either.
    Knotting thread when hand-sewing is why I use good quality thread. It is expensive, but worth every dollar.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Even with good quality the air was so full of negative ions.

      Delete
  5. The wedding dancing is not available on her fb page. I looked and it is blocked or something.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am teaching wedding dancing to my sister's boyfriend while she is gone. Maybe she will post it later.

      Delete
  6. I just would not have patience for sewing like you do even if I had skills. I'm s planner for travel and hate running late. Other things, I'm a major procrastinator.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well little sis slept through her alarm and argued with me when I woke her at 4 a.m. So we did the right thing.

      Delete
  7. It sounds like you're keeping yourself super busy. Remember to make time for you too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those knots would be frustrating when you're trying to get work finished on time. I would be so stressed being late at the airport. Once we were in Singapore & I mixed up the dates, we woke up and realised we were supposed to fly out in about an hour - I have never moved so fast! we made it on that plane by the skin of our teeth. Now I make sure we are the airport a good 3 hours before take off and double check dates when we're out of the country.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have completely missed a flight by going a day late, so I am very careful now. Like double triple check everything.

      Delete
  9. Ha! My girlfriend and I got to an airport a day late. She’d made all the flight arrangements for a conference we were going to and got mixed up on the dates. Thank goodness they were able to get us on a flight that day, for free, and we got in only about two hours later. (About 10 years ago at a smaller airport would not be the same now!). Ha! Remembering my two daughters and I were going on a train trip but left all the ticket/time up to one daughter, the trains were at a terrible time, 2:20 Am going east, 3:30 am going west. She got mixed up and we showed up about 2:40 and our train had already passed!!! Crazy day with car trouble and found airport/flight to our destination but what a crazy mess. Slept in our car waiting for the airport to open. Tales are still told about that trip!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are staying so busy, Kim. It encourages me to stay busy too.

    ReplyDelete