Thursday, February 3, 2022

Thursday, No feeling sorry for myself, Thrifty Thursday


 Omicron is gang busters here and not relenting.  It snowed last night so no one is going out. It is dark and gloomy.  Kim woke up feeling sorry for herself, and then she decided to get to work and do something instead of contemplating her navel. I set the timer for 15-minute intervals and have almost cleaned the whole house.

I still have to wipe down the appliances and do the kitchen floor and mop the other floors, but I bet that doesn't even take 15 minutes.

I have a bride dress ready for a fitting and I plan on getting another ready today along with some other sewing. I spent a good deal of time in the shop yesterday.

The shop needs a thorough overhaul and clean.  Especially the closet, which is a disorganized mess.  But I think that is for another day.  I am about done with the three loads of laundry that I have, and two loads are waiting for me to fold and put away.

Hubs is with Oliver, and I want all the housework done before he gets home to poop things up again:)





Thrifty Thursday:

1. saved all my spare change

2. saved all my $5 bills applied them to the mortgage total for the year $195.00

3. saved two envelopes in my challenge applied them to mortgage

4. saved the monthly total for my penny challenge which was $13.34

5. saved a $1,$5,$10,$20 bill 

6. paid all bills except utilities will try and cash flow one next week

7. ATE OUT OF FREEZERS AND PANTRIES

8. ate out one night but at a very reasonable restaurant and took home leftovers for the next day

9. fed all food scraps to chickens

10. baked a few items to keep from going to the store for treats

11. used coupons at Joanns for supplies

12. downloaded receipts to fetch

13. used grocery points that were going to expire to get some ground beef $7.00 off

14. used zippers that I purchased at a supply house and charge customer retail

15. picked up as many spring seeds at dollar tree as I could. 4/1

16. used scrap beading from a wedding dress for another dress and charged client accordingly

17. purchased gas at the least expensive station 

What did you do this last week to save money?  Any new strategies?

I am off to finish the kitchen and then sew. Oh, and fold three loads of laundry the job that keeps on giving:)

Have a great and productive day staying positive while you are in the negative.


Kim


11 comments:

  1. Spent my day shoveling and eating! I'd do one then the other. LOL
    That shoveling makes one hungry. Made no real progress on the snow - just kept clearing the walks and making potty spots for the cats! I mean, who wants their bum in snow when doing their business? LOL! They have no concept of a litter box - so I shovel. Should sleep well tonight.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet you are sore today. If we lived close, I would send Hubs over with the blower. He blows alot of snow for people. Come to think of it that makes him hungry also.

      Delete
  2. I stayed home, which is becoming more my norm. Gas is too expensive to be running the roads. This week I also made a lot of freezer meals, which saves us $. I've been keeping our woodstove going pretty much 24/7. Furnace still kicks on every now and then d/t our much colder weather. Still, the woodstove saves on propane use.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love wood heat. I think it is the warmest kind of heat.

      Delete
  3. I'm probably boring everyone but I set up a February challenge to see how long I can last without buying groceries. Aiming for 14, but not counting milk, might be able to go to 20. No worries on feeling sorry. You didn't cause the virus and can't solve it. That's fodder for feeling low, but look how you kicked your own butt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually can kick my own butt. It is the result of teaching Irish dance for years. I am truly amazing, such talent.:)

      Delete
  4. Snow would banish a dark and gloomy day for me. Of course, I want the snow to go away soon. I spent the last part of the daylight worrying about a tornado warning The warning is over and we are safe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I went grocery shopping today and had to get gas. Between the two, spent $80, snd I did not get a lot at the grocery store. I didn't even attempt to buy meat.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Everyone,

    Welcome to the future! Financing made easy with Prof. Mrs. DOROTHY LOAN INVESTMENTS

    Have you been looking for financing options for your new business plans, Are you seeking for a loan to expand your existing business, Do you find yourself in a bit of trouble with unpaid bills and you don’t know which way to go or where to turn to? Have you been turned down by your banks? MRS. DOROTHY LOAN INVESTMENTS says YES when your banks say NO. Contact us as we offer financial services at a low and affordable interest rate of 2% for long and short term loans. Interested applicants should contact us for further loan acquisition procedures via Whatsapp +12156195367 profdorothyinvestments@gmail.com

    Services rendered include:

    * Refinancing Loans
    * Car Loan
    * Truck Loans
    * COVID-19 Financing Loan
    * Home Loan
    * Mortgage Loan
    * Debt Consolidation Loan
    * Farm Loan
    * Business Loan [secure and unsecured]
    * Personal Loan [secure and unsecured]
    * Students Loan and so many others.

    For more info; Contact us via WhatsApp Number +12156195367 Email profdorothyinvestments@gmail.com

    With Prof. Mrs. DOROTHY LOAN INVESTMENTS. you can say goodbye to all your financial crisis and difficulties as we are certified, trustworthy, reliable, efficient, fast and dynamic

    ReplyDelete