Friday, November 4, 2022

Friday, Taking the day off to make a mess


 Here it is my Friday off and what am I doing?  Making a terrific mess of my house! 

What should I be doing?  Well cleaning up the shop, like I have said I would do every day this week.
But instead, I am going through cupboards and removing things I don't need.  Things I have not used since we moved in.  Downsizing again.  And in turn have made a revolting mess of the kitchen,

While I was enjoying myself make a revolting mess of the kitchen, my neighbor brought over a huge amount of produce from the food bank she worked at last night.  So now I have another mess to deal with.  As grateful as I am for the thought, I really don't have time to deal with extra as my fridge is full of the garden.

Hubs has the garden all pulled now and I was able to give away about 1/2 my peppers and some of the eggplant.  I will be doing eggplant parm today along with chicken.

So far, I have filled two large boxes with things to take to good will and I have not even touched the spare room, where I really wanted to concentrate on linens, I have not used in the two years we have lived here.

 I have three bags of apple that need to be processed as there is no way we can eat them.  I also need to go through the freezers and pull out all the fruit I froze for jam, as the kids are asking for jam.  They are spoiled I tell you.

I hate to say there is too much food in this house but there is.  I see an apple pie and a pumpkin pie in my future just to get things out of the fridge.

If you store food and garden, you can really get overwhelmed quickly.  I do not do overwhelmed well, but I sure seem to get myself here on a regular basis.

So far, I have cleaned out all the upper cupboards, except the cookbook cupboard.  I am going to attack the kitchen drawers next.  Then the freezer and the fridge. The freezer outside is next and I am going to get hubs to help me.

Kim has a lot to do, as her inner brat has escaped and turned the kitchen into a nightmare.  But don't you worry, she will get it set to rights.

See what taking a day off does to me?

I am having so much fun, really, I am.

DO you love creating chaos and then fixing it?  As long as you make things better?

Have a great and productive day staying positive while you are in the negative.

Kim


22 comments:

  1. Too much food - well, there could be a lot worse problems. Share if need be. Good luck with your cleaning and decluttering!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I was successful, but many things did not get done. Oh well, that too will be taken care of sometime.

      Delete
  2. Creating Chaos should be my secret identity. Instead of being true productive on my day totally at home. have I been? Nope. Instead I am doing things like prying the awful hard plastic poinsettias off of the solar spotlights I bought at Dollar Tree. I wanted the spots just not the garish flowers. But now that I have them all taken apart and ready to use I noticed the lights in them are bright white, not the lovely soft light I was looking for. Instead of putting them away for another day I am experimenting with cellophane filters to get the look I wanted. I am not there yet and wondering if I should start again using a soft ocher sharpie and just color the existing clear lens.
    Oh, life shaking decisions like these have put a huge hamper on my ability to get things done in the house.
    And did I mention when putting Halloween decorations away, I was compelled to go through my decorations closet and pull out boxes and boxes of crap to go through, instead of changing over my summer and winter duds?
    Can I borrow Sissie for a couple of days?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How about using waxed paper on the lens? Or, paint them as you stated.

      Delete
    2. Oh Anne you and I need some serious intervention, but Sissie is very bossy, don't know if you can handle her. But love that you and I are alike. It sounds just like a day I would have.

      Delete
  3. We all need a Sissie to shake us up. I had a list to get done while taking half day vacation s d ni puppy here. Nothing done, but played on a project for work that's not even a priority.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my something must be in the air, we are all, just spinning out of control.

      Delete
  4. It seems I always have too much produce or not enough. I would love to put up the messes I pull out. Friday is your day, so do whatever you want to do!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't do well with messes, so no. Although, I get way behind on my lists & that feels like a mess. An organizational/planning mess, and my brain runs away, trying to mentally organize & plan everything, & build lists & just spiral, until I write everything down & start marking things off.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am kind of the same way. Right now I am just going to ignore and concentrate on the shop.

      Delete
  6. I have a set of shelves in my spare bedroom where I keep all life’s paperwork, taxes, bills, extra paper, etc. four shelves. Every few years, I pull it all out, spread it all over the bedroom and play like a four year old, sitting on the floor going through pile after pile. Usually takes two days but I am so happy when it is over! And pounds of paper tossed away! I envy your kitchen clean out! My next project is an outside storage room but it is a daunting task and I haven’t gotten ready for that yet ;). Hilogene in Az.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am just tired of things falling on me. I have plenty of room in this kitchen as long as I store things I do not use regularly out in the garage.

      Delete
  7. Since I seem to be working on numerous Christmas gifts at once I have rather a disaster area located around my chair. Hopefully things will be cleared up around there over the next few weeks.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YEs making gifts always leads to a mess. But they are the best gifts.

      Delete
  8. Creating chaos is my best thing! Fixing it? not quite so good!

    ReplyDelete
  9. No, I don't enjoy chaos at all. I start in one area of a room and work my way around so not to get overwhelmed. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I so wish I could do that, I probably could if I could keep my inner brat from going into another room and finding a project.

      Delete
  10. Yes, getting a lot of food all at once can be overwhelming. Hopefully you’ll get it all taken care of soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well it really put a clog in my plans, but I got her done!

      Delete
  11. Overwhelmed is a requirement. Pumpkin can be stored for a couple months and so can most apples. Google how to store them . I make pumpkin puree and then dehydrate it and then grind it. Stores longer in pantry and easier to add to pancakes, custard and such. Apples are dehydrated also for snitz pie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The dehydrator ran all weekend. But what a lot of work.

      Delete