Tuesday, November 1, 2022

Tuesday, another chart


 Filled in another chart yesterday and I am onto #29.  This is the best year ever for saving and the shop.  I am sure it has to do with being closed during COVID and just have fewer bills so I can save more.  But no matter what the reason is I will take it!

I got the huge wedding dress out of the shop yesterday but not much else done. Today I will really get in gear.  I think?

Today I actually got the bills paid for my trip and I am happy to say I stayed within my budget, by the skin of my teeth.  When I lost my CC, a new one was sent to me, and I had to end up calling in as it would not allow me to pay online.  I talked to representative, and he asked me if I wanted to up to a better card?  I asked him the cost and found out that for $150.00 a year I can have a companion flight free.  So, Hubs will be able to fly to DC for our trip for $150.00 plus taxes.  As we travel at least once a year, this totally makes sense having the charge.  I was thrilled.  Also, I can cancel at any time if I fand myself not using the service.

So now as I paid all the online bills, I just have to write checks for the local things, and I will do that tomorrow morning and get them sent or dropped off.

We had a good time with kids last night and Kelsa was so funny.  She totally understood if she went to a door, she would get candy. She would insist on going up the steps by herself and would grunt at every step, then she would hold out her hand and she always said thank you. She charmed all who saw her.

Kelsa was a lizard, and this is at the end of the night, so she was a little tired.  But she is really into getting candy.
 


Oliver was DJ Marshmallow, whoever that is... But he was recognized by many so he must some popular figure for the younger set. His shoes were really easy to spot.  Do you see all the vehicles on our lawn that the grandkids drive?  Scooters, tricycles, lots of ride arounds on the big driveway.


Oliver was a spaceman.  Hubs took the double stroller with us so we could put the kids in it as our neighborhood is very hilly and the houses are far apart.  We knew the kids would get tired, in fact on the way home even Schmills road with Kelsa on his lap.


We had no one trick or treater because our house is not scene from the road, but we ran into a family from church and asked them to please come over as we had full size candy bars and did not want them at the house.  So, they did stop by, and we got rid of a few. Now we will trick or treat the intown missionaries and give them the rest of the candy or otherwise I will eat it.

This is our Jim Jams (james), he is carrying my eldest daughter's bunkin burse (pumpkin purse) that my mom made for her for her first Halloween.  I have a picture of her with it when she was 8 months old.  She carried that all those years and then her boys carried it.  This is what I don't understand about getting new, baskets, and stocking for holidays.  What about saving the old ones?


Here is our oldest Danny on the right.  He is Darth Vader for the second year in a row. He actually went out with a couple of buddies.  It was his first year going without an adult.  He will be 12 in February.  But our eldest's kids are pretty sheltered due to what their mother does for a living. Private schools, live in daycare, only playing in backyard without an adult present. I am beginning to wonder when they will rebel against those constrictions.

Anyway, we ordered pizza and then all went out in a group to tour the neighborhood.  I was tired when everyone left, and the house needed a pickup. But there is plenty of pizza leftover, so I don't have to cook dinner. Hurrah!

So, today's list.  Yes, I need me a list as yesterday I was a failure on what I wanted to get done.  I am going to set my timer for an hour and get busy and see how much I can get done in an hour.

1. fold a load of clothes

2. xfer clothes from washer to dryer (it is raining so no clothesline)

3. do another load of clothes

4. fold additional two loads of clothes and put away.

5. hem a pair of jeans

6. hem 2 pairs of pants

7. mend two pairs of pants and replace a couple of buttons

8. fix a slit in a dress

9. hem three pairs of pants

10. hem 5 pairs of pants

11. hem 4 pairs of pants

12. hem two pairs of pants and patch holes on another pair.

13. hem three pairs of pants

I want to get all this hemming done and then start on another wedding dress, so that tomorrow, I can get 4 mothers of the bride/bridesmaids done and another wedding dress.  More are coming in and I don't want to get behind.

Anyway, let's see what I can get done!

On your mark get set go!

Have a great and productive day staying positive while you are in the negative.

Kim


22 comments:

  1. How can so many weddings be happening? I thought your busy time was summer, yet here you are, lots of wedding related work again! Yikes, I thought you would have a slow fall ;). Hilogene in Az

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. I thought I would come home from vacation and have an easy few months. But no!!!!

      Delete
  2. The kiddos look so cute - oh that face of Kelsa!!!!! Sounds like a good time was had by all! Another one in the books.
    Yay on completing another chart. You sure have worked your buns off this year. Like Hilogene, I thought summer was busy wedding time. I guess maybe people are finally having all the neato weddings they put off for a couple years.
    Have a great day and evening!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I am truly shocked at how busy I am. Grateful, but shocked.

      Delete
  3. Nice work on the chart! Loved the kiddo costumes. My teens didn't dress up, but hung out with friends for pizza & candy. Such is the teen life. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, and I believe we should allow them to trick or treat if they want to as they could be doing something much worse.

      Delete
  4. Oh cute pictures. Someday. I have too much candy and will get rid of it at trivia tomorrow. Congratulations on the chart.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know we do too, and I am not at all good at staying out of it!

      Delete
  5. The children are all so cute in their costumes. Kelsa is precious. My kids learned the holidays that come with candy. I had to study the costume of the kid with Darth Vader. Interesting. You are so correct about the saving baskets and stockings for the next year. We did that, and so did my children! The bumkin burse is great. That will probably last another generation.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an adorable collection of kids. I have heard of DJ Marshmello!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The children have such lovely costumes.

    Good work on filling in another chart.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  8. "Really into getting candy" means Kelsa is her grandma's granddaughter. lol
    After you finish your to-do list come over here and help me set up my house.....so so much to do. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I so wish I could. I love setting up houses. Actually, just unpack what you need and Sis and I will come do the rest next year! SIs is already ordering you a bed for your spare room so she has somewhere to sleep. The wench.

      Delete
  9. They kids are adorable. I had a couple of the marshmallow guys trick or treat also, though I have no clue who/what he is.
    I still have 5 candy bars left but I stuck them in the freezer for a s'mores night.
    Here June and December are the big wedding months. If you lived here you would be covered up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am eating left over candy as I type. I have no self control as you have witnessed.

      Delete
  10. Your grandchildren are so cute! You are doing great with your saving chart. I just seem to spend on major things lately like putting on a new metal roof$$$$$$$Cindy in the South

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well that was money well spent as a good roof protects the house.

      Delete
  11. The pictures are awesome! Such cuties! Glad you had a fun Halloween.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was fun but tiring. Kids in general are tiring. However, I would not give them up.

      Delete