Thursday, November 17, 2022

Thursday, Kim's psyche needs a boost!


 This picture is for Anne and I and I think it sums up our state of mind exactly. But I probably had to pee (I know TMI) before I came and saw.

I did not get as much done as I wanted yesterday, but I have several things started and not finished.  Like the sweatshirts that I needed to get bias tape for, and the dress that I needed to buy trim for, and it will only take a few minutes to finish them today.

I also found three other things that I need to do in the shop before I get to the wedding dresses.

I started out the morning with a face book post of my nephew telling me that a year ago today he dropped the kids off at their mom's and they did not want to go into her house.  But he promised them that he would see them in two days and that two days never came.  I have dreaded this week knowing that we would all be reliving that nightmare, but especially him.  I can do nothing.  I am helpless to ease his suffering.  My Lil sister is in excruciating pain and is now playing the insurance tap dance.

She had to go to a PT appt. and a pain clinic appt. where they made her scream and sob in pain lifting her neck so they could both prove she had a ruptured disk before the insurance company would authorize the MRI.  I am so upset as she is strong and never complains, so I cannot imagine her suffering. I am also angry that they purposely hurt her for the sake of a company. 

I am so blue; I am forcing myself to do things.  Like Kim go make the bed, you will feel better. I don't feel better, but the bed is made.

Hubs and I both got called into the food bank last night to pack boxes and it was two hours of nonstop work, but we and 14 others got it done.  We were all sweaty and tired when we drug our butts out of the building at 8 last night.

Lil sis needs me to run errands today and I have to finish the sewing things from yesterday plus the ones I found that I had forgotten about. I just want to crawl back in bed and pull the covers over my head. I have to take a deep breath and regroup. 

Thank goodness for Slugs and Anne texting, as they keep me laughing at their stupidity. Notice it is not my stupidity as everything I do makes total sense. 

I keep telling myself to take deep breaths. I don't want to be here, and I don't want to feel like this. More deep breathing.  Okay, okay I can do this.

Thrifty Thursday:

1. saved all my spare change in my coca cola bank

2. saved all my $5 dollar bills now have $205.00 saved so $55.00 this week

3. rec'd a $997.00 check from an IRA payout that we have to take.  Unexpected but nice.

4. bought forever stamps as they are going up!

5. cooked at home from pantry and storage

6. dehydrated more apples, blueberries, and grapes

7. planned Thanksgiving, with Hub's mom and eldest Daughter.  Will have to buy nothing but maybe chocolates.

8. Only bought a few loss leaders at store and no real grocery spending.

9. Fed all food scraps to chickens

10. downloaded all receipts to fetch.

11. Completed my turkey bonus with Ibotta. So will get a good buy on a turkey

12. got daily soda at the station where we pay once a month 

13. bought gas where it was the cheapest

14. used clothes dryer when we could to save on electricity

Really the same old, same old. But it all adds up over time.

I am off to pick up a prescription for Lil sis and do a few things for her.  The sun is shining, and I need to be out moving to keep my mind occupied for a few hours and then home to sew.

Please keep my nephew Travis, My Lil sis and me in your prayers. I hate to be such a boob, but this is hard.


Have a great and productive day staying positive while you are in the negative.

Kim is in the negative today....

Kim

27 comments:

  1. I cannot imagine having to get an insurance approval for an MRI. As I typed that, I remember a workman's comp claim that refused me an MRI for 6 months when I had a torn meniscus. I will forever be bitter about that.
    And, I cannot imagine the pain from the murder of those two babies. Even though I am not involved at all, it hurts to think about it.
    Does the church not have any young people, teens to rope into that kind of work? You have a sister to care for!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am better today, but the heart hurts just goes on. We actually had 5 younger kids helping also. It was crazy and they were so tired.

      Delete
  2. I love that pic Kim...lol. I totally understand how you feel. I hope Lil Sis recovers soon. I can't believe it's already been a year since your family suffered such a huge loss. Sending prayers & a Great Big Hug your way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I am better today. It was a gut punch yesterday.

      Delete
  3. Have a lovely evening. Regine
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sometimes it is ok to pull your blankets over your head and cry. It’s healing. That tragedy is unimaginable and horrific!!! Nothing can resolve or ever make sense of any of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I blubbered all day and then finally last night pulled myself together and got some things done.

      Delete
  5. I sure hope your sis gets some relief soon. Poor thing. Girl, you can only be so strong - sometimes we just have to let go a little.
    Nothing can ever change the horror of that tragic day. Live every day the best you can in their honor - those sweet babies.
    By working at the pantry, you are doing the Lord's work and you truly have a hand in blessing others. Such a wonderful thing.
    I am praying for you all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cheryl, I know that was my source of strength yesterday.

      Delete
  6. Oh I remember reading about your nephew and the babies. My heart still hurts.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Praying for your nephew and your family for having to live the worst nightmare of all. Also praying for your sis and for relief from her pain. Cindy in the South

    ReplyDelete
  8. Praying for you and your family. I can’t even imagine….
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so sorry for the pain you'll always feel. Lil sis is lucky to have you. You are a kind person and always giving. I hope you receive gifts from others.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hate y'all are having to relive the horrible day and aftermath. Prayers
    I enjoyed the goat picture. Just before I was reading your blog I noticed my phone was not around. Often I use Alexa to call my cell so I can just follow the ring and locate it, but before I was going to ask her I walked over to the corner of the kitchen to grab a bowl, picked up my phone and hit the Alexa app to get her to call my phone which was now in my hand. So yes I am right there with you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are twin ding bats, which is why I love you so much.

      Delete
  11. It doesn't seem like a whole year has passed. Prayers for you and your family. Such a tragic loss.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Lori, I feel the strength of those prayers.

      Delete
  12. Prayers for God's peace and comfort for you and your family. How horrific. I haven't been around your blog that long, but went back and found your post. There are no words to describe how awful that is.

    Give yourself some grace, get some rest, and just breathe. Sometimes that's all we can do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alice. It is a hard way to start the holidays. So many emotions. But God is good and I know those babies would not come back here even if they could. Until we meet again.

      Delete
  13. Thanks Terry, you have been through a lot also and the prayers for strength do help.

    ReplyDelete
  14. My dear friend, please know I am holding you in my heart as I read this. Hugs from me to you.

    ReplyDelete