Wednesday, November 16, 2022

Wednesday, Let's get back on track, but not in a car


I felt like I spent my whole day yesterday in a car.  I left the house at 9:20 for a doctor appointment at 9:40.   Did not see doctor until 10:20. How can they already be so far behind? I immediately went to Lil sis's to find her laid out like a trout. She sent me across the river to a pharmacy to pick up her meds that had been called in at 8 this morning from the ER.

I got to pharmacy they were not filled yest, as they were short staffed.  Pooped around for 45 minutes, finally drove back to Lil sis gave her meds.  Xferred some laundry for her.

It is now almost noon. Came home and wrote my blog post and made Hubs some lunch then took off with a car full of things to donate.  Stopped at good will, animal shelter, the antique dealer and then it was 2:15 so picked up elderly took neighbor to her food bank, drove home and put away her groceries.  It was now 3:45. Called Lil sis her Walmart order was ready, so I drove back over the bridge and picked it up, drove back to her house and put away groceries.  Now it is 4:45 and I started potatoes, and sliced up the leftover roast beef, and made gravy.  Mashed the potatoes with some butter, milk and garlic and then took the hot pans back to Lil sis's.  Transferred the hot food to containers at her place and drove back home where I served Hub's a brat.  He still has not forgiven me.

Did I get any housework done?  NO.  Did I get any sewing done? NO.  Did I fill the car with gas? YES.

SO today is about getting back on my track. All the things I needed or wanted to do yesterday.  At least I got all the donation things out of the front room where they have sat for the last two weeks.

1. cash some checks

2. pick up picture from framers

3. thaw some meat

4. call some clients

5. finish two pairs of pants

6. replace a zipper

7. do some mending

8. hem a dress

9. mend a pile of missionary pants

10. fix two sweatshirts

11. finish hemming coat sleeves

12. look at two wedding dresses to see which one to start first.

13. call MIL to plan Thanksgiving

14. Make a double batch of blueberry scones

15. maybe clean the house?

Well, there you have it. Now I must convince myself to do it. That is the hard part.  But if I can get through most of this (giggling) I will be able to leave next week and feel okay about it.

The convincing part starts now. If I had a chocolate bar it would be a little easier.

Have a great and productive day staying positive while you are in the negative.

Kim

18 comments:

  1. Holy cow, that is quite a list! Yikes! My list today was change the bed, do laundry, do ironing…have a facial and feed us. Don’t see I get to the ironing today, but bed is changed, laundry in process and I just got the facial, yeah, and we will be fed ;). Good luck with the list, double yikes! I can’t imagine how many calories you burned yesterday. Hilogene in Az

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I only got to about 1/2 of it and I have four things started and not finished so that is today.

      Delete
  2. I think sometimes people expect too much of you. Please make sure you look after yourself or you could be lying there like a trout and no good for anyhing or anyone.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your list is always impressive. Mine was to see the doctor and then go to work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with the others - that is some list and you need to take care of YOURSELF! The world will not come to an end because the list doesn't get done. Sometimes God just has other plans for us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did not even come close to finishing, but it was a good try.

      Delete
  5. Kim,
    I felt so exhausted before I read what you did today. Now, reading this almost made me feel better. NOT! When I was much younger, I could take on a day like yours and bounce right back and do it again the next day. No more. One of these days you are going to overdo it. That car riding is horrendous for me. I only rode to the doctor about three miles from here and back to Publix and home. I found thinly sliced beef in the freezer, the sort for a hoagie or something, four new potatoes. That will be dinner with a can of green beans. Tommy will get three of the four potatoes. He won't forgive me for cooking them in the skin. But, I refused to peel a two inch potato! I hope you can sew tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just mash up those tiny potatoes with the skins on.m

      Delete
  6. Whoosh- there goes Kim. Sister's help each other so I get it. I managed to work 11 hours at my job, though had dog care too, plus managed, two loads of laundry, in short breaks. Shoot. 1.5 as towels are in dryer, yet to be folded.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did not get to much of what I wanted to do, but today is another day!

      Delete
  7. Yikes! So much on your plate! I agree with everyone telling you to take care of yourself. When I have to wait for others between errands, I always try to relax, listen to some music or a book. Love audibooks. Oh yes, a small cup of joe and amini chocolate chip cookie also helps :) Sending good vibes and thoughts to your sister.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am really worried about her. SHe is in such pain.

      Delete
  8. You need some emergency chocolate! Put it in the freezer for times such as this. You’re welcome! 🤗

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I was actually eating chocolate chips last night I was so desperate

      Delete
  9. I felt accomplished for getting dinner on the table last night. It was a LONG day, and dinner was ravioli (from a Costco package) & breaded chicken (also from Costco). I did make a salad, so bonus points to me? Some days are all about pushing through. But, remember not to push yourself too hard. Juggle what you can, and ask for help, say no, & remember that you/your health is your number one priority.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did not get anywhere near as much done but I have several almost dones.

      Delete
  10. Days spent in the car wear me out more than working 8 hrs. in the gardens

    ReplyDelete