Friday, January 12, 2018

Friday, conversation with mother...


    Kim,"Mom we forgot the keys to Lil sis's house, I told you to remind me to get those before we left.  Now we have to go back and  get the keys.

     Mom, " Just go to Lil sis's she might be home."

     Kim, "No, mom she is at work."

     Mom, "Why? Isn't today Friday?"

     Kim, "No mom it is Thursday."

     Mom, "Oh, I thought it was Friday and she has Friday's off."

     Kim, "No mom, she does not have Fridays off, she has Mondays off.

Now mom goes quiet, she is getting frustrated as she realizes her memory is going, she is struggling so I make light if this by teasing her.

  Kim, "You know mom if you had reminded me to pick up the keys we would not be retracing our steps, You know how forgetful I am. Why didn't you remind me?"

   Mom, ( looking straight at me in all seriousness) " How are you ever to grow up to be responsible if I have to tell you everything?"


     Yes these are my moments with mom.  I am trying to get her to brush her teeth and do something with her hair.  I just got her out of the shower and dressed , her bed made and I need to feed her before I run an errand.  Hub's has a retirement party to go to and we have to leave here at 3:30 or so.  Between packing mom and getting her over to Kelly's, making a cheese and crackers tray for party, taking dinner over to the neighbors before we leave, and 110 other to dos, I don't know when I will get any sewing done.  Frustration is building.  Ack!

Have a great and productive day, staying positive while you are in the negative.

Kim

13 comments:

  1. Your mom might be forgetful but her comeback line to you was a peach. God love her. Anna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Linda,"Kim, grow up!"LOL

    That was sweet of you to take the hit there.

    Just work on it, Kim.

    ReplyDelete
  3. that's something you'll remember for the rest of your years.........

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love her retort to you! Sounds like something my mom would say!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL!! Your mother is a firecracker!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah she sure is. My head has exploded I don't know ow many times.

      Delete
  6. Do you have those moments where you don't know whether to laugh or cry? ;)

    ReplyDelete