Saturday, January 27, 2018

Saturday, Sissie is gone,plumbing problems:(

I did not want to get up today as I knew Sissie would not be here.  I have a headache, don't know why.  Hubs comes down stairs and asks me to come upstairs as he is having a problem with his shower.  He is trying to unclog it and water is bubbling up all over the spare bath.  Of course I had to figure out that it was coming from the spare bath sink and his shower sharing a drain.  I made him snake the line and use the forced water hose more than once.  We were up stairs hollering at each other between bathrooms.  I was running outside to turn water on and off.  Finally after taking/breaking the goose neck not his fault as it was old and rusty, we got the water flowing and now he has to go get parts to replace under the spare bath sink.  He wanted to call a plumber and I said no.  He can figure this out.  So far between the two of us we have.

I came down stairs and mom says,"Why are you yelling at each other?"  I guess it scared her.  But I explained that it was yelling directions back and forth from different bathrooms. On!  Off! Now! As hub's is deaf and we are running water we were yelling pretty loud.

I am going over to Lil sis's to get my hair cut and colored.  Then I will find something for mom and I to do today.

Our cell phone provider finally got back to me and we have been over charged for a long time on mom's flip phone.  We were being charged for a smart phone.  Mom can no longer use her phone so I went to cancel it and they wanted me to pay out a contract I never signed.  Mom's phone was purchased out right.  I don't know if it was a dishonest employee who wanted to get more credit or what. So I was credited $180.00 and I did not have to buy out any contract.  They were very nice and apologetic, plus my bill will finally drop by over $60.00 a month.  Score!

I am off to enjoy my day!

Have a great and productive day, staying positive while you are in the negative.

Kim
 

18 comments:

  1. Today is primarily cleaning day, but I can't get motivated. Just feeling blah. BUT I did look at my cellphone bill and lowered my plan. Not much of a savings, but every bit counts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just hate plumbing problems. It's good you got it fixed, sort of. I found out a dishonest ATT employee signed me up for a plan. Yes, she lied and they know her name. I just paid off the plan in Nov 2017 after two long years of the "plan." They would not believe me! I may have to tackle that again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry about the plumbing, but would love to have been a fly on the wall to hear the yelling back and forth. Hope it gets taken care of to satisfaction. If not call the relative and barter some more sewing services.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I commend you for tackling the plumbing problem. That is a nice savings on your phone bill! More money to go towards paying off debt. Woohoo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, but water is still dripping from the fix:(

      Delete
  5. Woo hoo! on fixing your own plumbing problem!!! Phone companies are the worst, aren't they? It seems they are always changing the bills and hoping no one complains!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know this has taught me something though. Watch those bills.

      Delete
  6. The two of you will save yourselves a small fortune of a plumbing bill - way to go! I can do the minor things like change the toilet flapper etc but for anything serious I have to call a plumber. I've found one who gives senior discounts so he's my go-to guy. So far I've never had any serious issues (fingers crossed). Hope you and your mom found something fun to do on Saturday; it was a crappy weather day here yesterday but now we have sunshine so a walk is in order! Toodles!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Last new year I had a friend over from England. The day he left I went into my basement and found 2 inches of water all over the bloody place. Turns out it was a leaky joint on the water heater. My son could (and did) fix it but being 1 January couldn't get the parts, so I trudged up and down the basement steps with buckets for 24 hours (bucket aerobics?). Then the next day the heating went!!! Bloody hell. Luckily I can deal with the cold but -10 degrees!!!! I hope not to ever have to do that again. Anna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You poor darling. We have a yet vac that can suck up water and we have had many water issues in this house.

      Delete
  8. So glad I wasn't there and broke your plumbing! I was yelling too.....did ya hear me??

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really like your site and content so much,thanks for sharing the information keep updating, looking forward for more posts.

    หนังการ์ตูน

    ReplyDelete