Wednesday, January 10, 2018

Wednesday, Bleeding money... and projects!

This is how I feel right now, except I think this toilet is cleaner than mine ( don't worry my sister is coming)

Let's see, we have had to lay out extra money over and over again in the last 30 days.  I can't say the New Year is the problem as these have been on going problems.  I am trying to fix them one at a time but they seem to be cascading like the money out of this bucket. 

I so want to be able to pay extra money on the Sewer loan bill and every time I think maybe I can another problem rears its ugly head.  I just don't need one more extra expense right now.  I don't need two or three extra expenses either.  But they seem to be finding their way to my door step, much to my dismay and frustration.



Here is the outlay:

1. Garage door opener fixed.  The door to the shop,kind of a necessity. $113.50. 
2. Dog bills:  $156.00
3.  Rug cleaning from dog.  (Just the large area rug)  $137.32
4. Hub's traffic ticket $136.00


It seems no matter how careful I am I have these unexpected bills. And there are more in the future that are coming.

1. Need to clean the carpet down stairs, from the flood during rain storm and dog.
2. Refrigerator water/ice is not working ( has not been working for months on the to do list.
3. Water sprayer in kitchen has a leak

But worst of all my car's check engine light just came on along with the cruise control and the ABS lights.  Car seems to be running fine but it does have 142,000 miles on it.  I am dreading the expense.
Crap, crap and double crap!

Here are some picture of projects I have been working on for Christmas gifts, and birthday gifts.

 These are some dish towels I have been working on for a birthday gift. I used Joanns coupons at 70% off and free embroider floss or .10 at second hand store making this gift under $10.













                                        Pillow cases I am making for a gift. I already gave a set of these away for Christmas.


                                          

                                        This was my first attempt at renewing my skills so not very pretty but functional.










I did this set for the spare room upstairs and the single blue for mom's room at Sis's house.

I really have fallen in love with embroidery, it keeps my hands agile while I watch TV late at night.  Also it is not expensive so far.  I have been able to pick up floss fro practically nothing at second hand stores.  The cases I purchase at Ross or TJ max on closeout for $4-5.00.  If you can catch bi-mart sales you can get pre printed cases for $6.00.  All of these make lovely gifts.










Well I need to go put new linens on mom's bed, also make dinner for us and neighbor, he is a mess again.  Poor darling.  The shop has been busy today and I have not even started to reach my quota.

Have a great and productive day staying positive while you are in the negative.

Kim

19 comments:

  1. All the crochet is very pretty and old fashioned. I like things like that and would not object to getting stuff like that for a gift. I sew or crochet for gifts. I am quite sure the recipients love them.

    Can you find anything on the internet to fix the refrigerator? My sprayer in the kitchen leaks, too. Now that I know there are instructions on the internet, I cannot do the simple fixes. When I was capable of fixing things, there was no internet.

    I hate having a bunch of things where money will just disappear into the project.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well sissie is coming and she will fix everything. She always does.

      Delete
  2. I love the embroidered pillow cases. They are beautiful and whoever get the dish towels is going to be one lucky person too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, it is something to do while I would normally just be wasting time, and it keeps my hands from curling inward.

      Delete
  3. As far as your ice/water issue on the frig... do you have a water filter on your frig? I ask because our ice maker stopped working and once we changed the filter it started working again. It cost less the buy the filter then it would have the service call for the repairman to step in the door.

    I'm loving the embroidery. Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We tried that but Hub's cannot do anything and I am waiting for Sissie to come. Hub's is not mechanical at all and will break or screw up anything he touches.

      Delete
  4. Those are beautiful!!! I've recently gotten into embroidery too - I just finished a pair of pillowcases and have about 10 table runners I'm going to make for Christmas gifts. I've cross-stitched my whole life but never embroidered - it is pretty much the same thing once you learn the different stitches...thank goodness for YouTube!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to do some table runner, where did you get them.

      Delete
  5. Oh how I wish I had the patience to embroidery. I love to do counted cross-stitch, but I think embroidery is a lost art.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is something to keep me busy while watching the boob tube.

      Delete
  6. It's always something,isn't it? I hope you guys can catch up and feel the break soon. I enjoy embroidery, too. It's such a relaxing way of sewing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know just made an appointment for the car. $106.00 just to run a diagnostic. Ugh!

      Delete
  7. My goodness, those embroidered items are lovely. I also love to embroider, because I can pick it up and put it down without getting mixed up about which stitch I'm on, etc. (like in knitting--I'm terrible at that because I can never remember where I am in a pattern). I really enjoyed seeing your projects.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right about that. I have a hard time with knitting in that aspect.

      Delete
  8. What beautiful linens!!! A hobby that I haven't started. yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well get busy girl. I am tired of you sitting around doing nothing but eating bon bons and ready romance novels.

      Delete
  9. Sorry about the extra bills but man your embroidered items are gorgeous! I wish I had the patience to do that kind of work. I used to buy embroidered linens at the Ladies Aid church sales here in town because they were beautiful and I knew the love and time that went into them by some of my favorite "grandamas".

    ReplyDelete