Friday, January 26, 2018

Friday,I did it,I made my goal and then some!


Here it is my savings sheet all crossed off!  I have been able to save over $1000.00 this month to put towards my home /sewer loan which stood at $7,999.00 at the beginning of the year and now stands at $6,573.12.  I completed this with work done in the shop and money from budget savings, grocery savings,getting rid of a few unwanted things.  Let me tell you it all adds up.  Eating out of the pantry, not buying groceries, staying home and not buying gas, not frittering money away on things I don't need.  Also making mom pay her share.  I have lowered our power bill by just turning off lights and it has been a warmer winter.  Having a good emergency fund for the car repair kept me from having to scramble the budget.

This has not been easy.  I have had to tell myself no a hundred times.  I like to shop, I like to look for bargains.  I tell myself I am saving money, when in reality I am spending money. Except for meat, cat litter and diet coke(my vice), fresh fruit, and dairy  I have not bought any other groceries.  It is such a great start to the new year.

I will not be able to do as much next month, so I am super excited about this.  I feel like my goals will be doable.  This chart was fun.  I am going to start a new chart today and hang it in my shop over my cash box.  The chart was set up for saving $1000.00 in a year, but I did it in a month.  Hubby was shocked!  Heck, I was shocked.

     I was able to complete much work in the shop and I have three bridesmaid dresses to do today.  My Sissie leave tomorrow early and I will so miss her.  We are going out to dinner tonight as a family.  It has been decided that Sis will come home every 2 months (depending on her business schedule) to help with mom and on mom's dime.  Sissie has helped me so much, she has also really worked her tail off at Lil sis's.

     Well I need to get to work.

Have a great and productive day staying positive while you are in the negative.

Kim

49 comments:

  1. Wow! In one month?! That is crazy good! I am truly impressed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope I can keep up the momentum. I am trying really hard not to spend so I can save to mark off boxes.

      Delete
  2. Hi Kim, I have never commented before - bit of a lurker - but well done you on your amazing achievement. Wow. And I am enjoying reading your blog from the beginning. All the best. Anna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I hop you can see the changes I have made over the years and years of trying to get out of debt. I am a slow learner.

      Delete
  3. Terrific! I'm very happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow! thats great - well done! its a great start to the year

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Way to start with a bang! thank you for the luv:)

      Delete
  5. I'm impressed! Good for you and your husband! I am glad you have a plan for your sister to help. God bless you dearie!
    Laura of Harvest Lane Cottage

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kim, congratulations!! I've been reading your blog for years but rarely comment (like Treaders above) but wanted to say great job. You truly work so very hard all the time with a great attitude. Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Amy. I still can't figure out why anyone would read my nutcase of a life, but I keep living it.

      Delete
  7. That is really great. With this kind of success, I imagine this will encourage you to keep this up. I have gotten fewer things that are good bargains, too. You know what? When you buy something that you realize you/I realize you/I should have left in the store, you/I can take it right back. Ask me how I know! That works, too. And, good for you for letting mom pay her share. Yay for Kim!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really sets me up for the New Year. I too have taken things back immediately.

      Delete
  8. I am using this savings chart too but only doing one square per week. Good for you in getting it all done in a month!Nannie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have paid off enough debt now that I can put a significant amount toward the bigger bills. Plus any income I get comes in dribs and drabs. This is a fun way to use a small amount of money, that might just be blown at the grocery store.

      Delete
  9. Congrats.. You have done an awesome job.. Good luck with the next month..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Next month will be harder, but I can actually say I am looking forward to the challenge.

      Delete
  10. Can you post the sheet? I've seen it before but can't find it now

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tried and could not get it to load to the blog. But you can get a copie from Pinterest, medium size family.

      Delete
  11. Great job! I know that feels good and is super motivating. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Boy is it motivating. I feel like I can do this, it might be a smaller amount next month but it is a visual accomplishment.

      Delete
  12. Wii goo a big financial score and a commitment from Sis and more importantly Mom for some help every few months months
    Win!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know and I am so grateful. Sis leave in the early am and I will so miss her.

      Delete
  13. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Well that's just so terrific! I'm thinking I have to print out one of those. Awesome. Funny, the thing that stood out to me in your post is "kitty litter." I have 2 cats and a dog and I spend a lot of money on things like kitty litter, monthly flea treatments, monthly heartworm meds (for dog) and prescription cat food (one for kidneys and one for weight loss). Having pets can definitely be a budget killer, but to me and my family, it's worth it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have indoor/outdoor cats and our vet (who travels to farms and houses) told us years ago to only feed our cats kitten chow. Especially male cats who have been fixed. This prevents kidney and bladder problems. We have never had a cat go down to anything but age. 18,19,20 years and huge mousers.

      Delete
  15. Wow! what a great job! I'm so glad you enjoyed time with your sister too.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow! That truly IS amazing! Awesome job!!!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Well Miss Smartypants.....I knew you could do this! I guess having Sissie there shamed mom into paying her way?lol Sissie needs to come visit more often!!

    And just so you don't show me up with your savvy money saving ways I went back to Rite-Aid on Friday and did some real damage there(to them, not my wallet). lololz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Are you not proud to me? I think sis will come every 2 months for 10 days.

      Delete
  18. Well done Kim! Proud of you. I was at a thrift shop yesterday, filled my cart then put it all back except 3 items. Don't need don't need don't need! You rock!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's hard isn't it? we have all been groomed to be such consumers.

      Delete
  19. Thank you for this your broadcast provided bright clear concept.

    หนังการ์ตูน

    ReplyDelete