Monday, January 15, 2018

Monday, Sissie is here and Money saving madness

     My Sissie is here and all is well.  She hit the ground running at noon here and already I can feel the affects.  My heart rate has gone down some I am sure.  Mom was thrilled to see her.  It was very cute.

     We had a mock Christmas with Lil sis's daughter last night and it was lovely.  I was up early stuffing a turkey and making a couple of pumpkin pies.  Then I went to the airport and brought Sis home.  Sis started to make mom's bed and I was sitting on the computer.  Mom hollers at me, "get up and help your sister make my bed, you haven't done a thing all morning!"  Yes this is my life.  All three of us girls had a good chuckle over that one.

     Well Sis has been up since 5:30, buzzing around like a bee.  I love it, I don't have to buzz I can just be.  She will be on mom duty and I will catch up in the shop. Can I tell you the relief I feel?  Words cannot express.

Monday Money Saving Madness

  1. Ate all meals from home.
  2. Ate from pantry stock with just a few purchases to complete
  3. Tried to stay out of stores as much as possible
  4.  Ignored after Christmas goodies, the candy and chocolate were hard to pass up.
  5. Saved at least 1.5 cups of crushed sweetened shredded wheat at the bottom of the bag for muffins later.
  6. Used cottage cheese and thrift ed containers to take foods to neighbors.
  7. Pulled pie crusts and frozen pumpkin from the garden to make pies.
  8. Home made french bread, and pop overs for breads for dinner and breakfasts
  9. used reusable covers for dishes to cut down on plastic wrap.
  10. Worked on projects for gifts, with things I had on hand.Used my inside clothesline for many laundry items.
Used things on hand in shop for some sewing and for many projects.  No trips to Joanns!

Well I am off to spend a day in the shop, and uninterrupted day in the shop.  How will that be? I will tell you tomorrow!

Have a great and productive day staying positive while you are in the negative.

Kim

16 comments:

  1. You are so lucky to have pie crusts in your garden. It's good to have a full day to sew without mom duty. I remember sewing with a 2.5 year old and a newborn two weeks old...chaos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well from the freezer, pumpkin from the garden my brain does not always get to my hands. My kids were farther apart than that but I remember nursing and sewing.

      Delete
  2. How long does it take to grow a piecrust? I have never had much success with them! Snort, snort!
    Enjoy your visit with Sissie and most of all enjoy her help with your mom.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am very talented that way, you know in my imagination....

      Delete
  3. Siblings are the best! I'm so glad you are getting help with your mom for a few days.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for Sissie taking over mom duty so you can get things done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So very nice to have a hand with your mom!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So funny that mom told you to help sissie make the bed! LOL

    ReplyDelete