Saturday, January 13, 2018

Saturday, Busy weekend

     Yesterday was a whirl wind of activity.  Between mom and the things I wanted to get done it was a dead run all day long.  I started with trying to get a few things done in the house.  We took our car into get a guesstimate on repairs (I can't blog abut it now.) I needed to get my nails done, Hub's and I needed to make a cheese and cracker plate for a retirement party, I had to get mom to Lil sis's.  I needed to get something over to neighbors as we would be gone during the dinner hour.

     I came rushing into the house yelling at Hubs to come and help me.  I was throwing together some broccoli a beef for the neighbors and Hubs was helping make the cheese plate.  He gets a phone call and he is needed down at the high school right now!  SO now I get to complete dinner, feed, mom, deliver dinner and make cheese plate.  Oh also pack mother for the weekend.  We have to leave for the retirement party at 4:00 as it is a hour drive.  Luckily Lil sis took off work early and she came to get mom.  Lil sis was having the week from He!!.  Her office was flooding and as we have so much flooding here you cannot get a cleaning company to save your soul. poor Lil sis has been bailing water and dealing with this mess all week.  So I decide I will come and get mom at her house after the party.

     Hub's and I arrived home about 9 and I went directly to Lil sis's.  She was so behind and had to pick her daughter up at the airport at mid-night.  So we put mom in a chair and forbid her to move and went upstairs.  I put away 4 large baskets of clothing, Made her bed up with clean sheets, while she scrubbed her bath and gave her dog a bath.  I heard a crash and then "HELP".  I knew mom had fallen again.  I try not to swear, but here we are running like a couple of mad fools trying to get things done and mom has to get up and cause drama.  I threw down my cleaning cloth and cussed.  Lil sis was shocked,as she was vacuuming and did not hear the fall but she knew by my action that something was really wrong.


    I dashed down the stairs and mom is on the floor in the kitchen.  Lil sis is right behind me.  Now we start with the "what happened, are you all right, where does it hurt, why didn't you call us, what did you need, with many many stern Moms thrown into the mix.  Well she wanted something to eat. We discover a banana with a bite out of it on the floor and a banana peal on the other end of the kitchen,  The silver ware drawer is opened.  I told her I was wasn't going to pick her up.  She was as far down as she could get and she was not hurt.  She could just lay there until we got our work done. Lil sis handed her a banana, I got a jello cup out of the fridge and gave it to her.  I told her to eat it on the floor.  Lil sis and I are laughing and we turn to go upstairs (we are pretending).  We hear this small voice,  "Can I have a pillow?"  me, "NO!"  "Can I have a blanket"  her voice getting very weak..... Lil sis turned around and we picked her up and took her back to her chair.  In my mind I am cussing. &^%$#@.  I finished upstairs and came down and cleaned the kitchen.  It was 11:30 at night so I packed mom into the car and we went home.

     I was exhausted and needed to go to bed.  I put mom to bed and then went to face my messy kitchen.  Someone (hubs) had stopped the dishwasher mid cycle, so I could not put any more dirty dishes in it.  (drat!)  I just cleaned every thing up and left the dirty dishes soaking in hot water and went to bed.  I was done.



I don't think today will be much different, But my Sissie is coming tomorrow and I will be saved.

Have a great and productive day staying positive while you are in the negative.

Kim

9 comments:

  1. lol...are you sure that text/call was not set up to rescue him? Just kidding. you need a clone. Oh, yeah, you have a duplicate. I am out of ideas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know I didn't think of that. Drat and double drat! My clone is here and she is moving like a maniac.

      Delete
  2. I am exhausted just reading your post, you need to slow down..........

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My sissie is here so I will slow down, well not in the shop, I will finally get to work in the shop.

      Delete
  3. Whew! What a weekend! and about those car repairs..... ??? :-))

    ReplyDelete
  4. You certainly do have your hands full, literally, and you didn't even mention sewing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know but today I will hit the shop running, as sissie is here!

      Delete
  5. Oh my...I do think caring for your mom at home is just getting to be overwhelming and I worry about the toll it is taking on your health. ((((((HUGS)))))

    ReplyDelete