Tuesday, January 2, 2018

Tuesday,Back in the saddle

     Dang, I have to go back to work.  The party is over.  But, but, but I love not getting anything done.  It is so much fun.  You mean I have to go into the shop and actually find something that makes money?  I can't play any more?  Wahhhh!

     You mean I can't just sit here and plan goals to achieve?  I must actually work at something? Crap!
I am so much better at dreaming about how much I can accomplish. In my dreams I am unstoppable and I have a super girl cape.  If I quit dreaming about how fabulous I am I will have to actually do something.  Splat! face plant......



   There is a table in the shop that is piled 3 feet deep with things.  Not work, just things.  What a mess.  I would take a picture but can't get the new phone to download.  I just kept piling stuff on top over the Holiday.  That sucker is going to be clean before I go to bed.

     There is laundry to do and I need to clean my disgusting fridge and decide what is for dinner.  I also have two bedrooms to attend to that need a lot of love.

     I took mom over to Lil sis's yesterday and poor Lil sis had done something to her ham string and could hardly walk.  I stayed and helped her deep clean her walk in closet that she had been throwing things into all Holiday season.  It was pretty deep.  Lil sis is usually a perfectionist about her house so I was surprised.  But between mom, her full time job, the open house, Christmas she let things slide.  I hope she can find out what she did as she is pretty useless right now poor darling.

     Speaking of useless, I am pretty useless right now also and if I keep typing I will not have to do and real work.  See how clever I am?

Okay, okay I am off.... What are you going to do today to improve your situation, life, condition?

Have a great and productive day staying positive while you are in the negative. 

Kim

28 comments:

  1. If I keep reading blogs, I won't get anything done, either. If we could only party all year long....sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "What are you going to do today to improve your situation, life, condition?"
    I think I will take a nap....or maybe kill Hubs(that way he won't go out and spend $ willy-nilly like he seems to want to do).
    Then I will work on my Rite-Aid strategy for next week(how to get stuff for free or cheap that I can use, give away or sell). Now THAT'S fun!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know your feeling Hub's just had to get some groceries today. Pre sliced cheese. You can't slice your own da%$ cheese? We need to send them on a trip but they would just spend money.....p

      Delete
  3. What am I going to do today? Well I went to the grocery store and only spent $112 which is great considering we were out of everything and I only spent $25 last week. I also had my husband call and switch our trash service which will save us almost $ 50 every 3 months off of our bill. I still need to get into getting work done. But I have a case of the I don't want tos. LOL I just want to cuddle up on the couch and read and do nothing. But it doesn't work like that. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm going to listen to the World Junior hockey game between Canada and Switzerland. Yes, listen. As in the radio. I don't have cable TV so this is the only way I can experience the game. My daughter thinks I'm crazy but I quite enjoy it. When I was a kid we listened to lots of things on the radio. It's a lost art! And I've decided that I 'm not going to spend any money til Thursday when I will allow myself to buy a few groceries. I'm sure I can squeeze two more dinners out of the leftovers until then.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I went grocery shopping this morning. I hit four stores and must be crazy as it was -10 when I climbed out of bed at 7 this morning! Now Megan is finishing up school and I'm working on making the filling for a pot pie. Good luck as you tackle that pile!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brrrr. It is about 40 here but we have mild weather usually.

      Delete
  6. I just want to play too! Working is so overrated. I am improving my life by doing , closing up December finances and cleaning on my last day off before returning to work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Would we get really bored if we did not have work to do? Probably?

      Delete
  7. I went grocery shopping this morning, made a menu, unpacked from our trip, listed 3 things for sale on our local Facebook swap, & did the laundry. Next up - paying the bills. Yikes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I will be paying bills tonight after the house is shut down so I don't get interrupted.

      Delete
  8. I had to go get some tools to put together my place, like a drill, hardware and some other odds and ends. So much for a simple day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At least tools can go with you. Every one needs a drill.

      Delete
  9. Hi Kim, Well I started laundry on New Years Day and I"m not done yet. Tomorrow I have to give myself a migraine (pay bills) and I have GOT to get my desk cleaned off. There's SO much paperwork and stuff on it I can't see the bottom of it.. Happy New Year!
    Robyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I clean my desk once a month and it is always a pig sty by the end of the month. I mean who files things immediately?

      Delete
  10. Hi Kim! You must be feeling better if you have the energy to get some cleaning done. :) Praying for your lil sis to heal quickly.

    Me, well I had a productive day and got lots of laundry done, took the dog for a walk down to the post office and got the mail, vacuumed, and tried out my new Instant Pot...Love it! Of course now that I was so productive today, I am pretty sure that I will be in slug mode tomorrow. Such is life with CFS and Fibromyalgia. But hey, I'm thankful for the days that I can get lots done...that is a blessing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds like a great day for you I hope it keeps up! I am curious about those instant pots, I heard they over cook things.

      Delete
  11. today? I'm working from home a few hours and will avoid a good 10 minutes of traffic going in later. I'll also make two meals worth for supper tonight, and meet up with the girls for a drink. Yes, sounds like a good day ahead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Way to start the first work day of the new year. Or is it the second day? What day is it? Obviously my day is starting off confused.

      Delete
  12. You and sister are so blessed to have each other. I would love for someone to pop in and help me clean. I always wanted a sister. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SIster's are the best let me tell you. I feel sorry for anyone who doesn't have one. But if I lived close I would be you sister.

      Delete
  13. I am going to be working on my laptop from the car place while one of the only working cars we have gets an alignment. yay. Right now it feels like we're always on ice and when it is on ice, I'm scared out of my mind.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Car problems are just crap and then on top of weather double crap. Good luck, no way to stat the New Year with car bills.

      Delete