Thursday, January 11, 2018

Thursday, Well I never!

     Last week a customer came into the shop with 3 pairs of jeans to hem.  She also had a coat that was her husbands that she had grabbed out of the car as she realized it had a hole under the arm.  She appeared to be a rancher.  She smelled like a rancher as in kind of a silage cow smell.  Not off putting, just that smell of working around animals.  I thought nothing of it.  But my shop continued to smell like animals.  As the days went on I started to look for this smell.  It was okay, but whenever I walked by her pile the smell seemed to be worse.  I checked it out but could find nothing.  Finally I got to her work and I picked up the jacket again.  It reeked.  I decided to hurry and get it done and then bag it so I would not have to deal with it any longer.  As it was ripped out under both arms, I had to get into the lining and open the coat up.  When I put in on my lap I about passed out from the stench.  I realized there was something in the pocket so I pulled out............  A bag of doggie doo, doo.  All wrapped up in a cute little pink plastic bag.

I immediately dumped it out side and decided to wash the coat and then hug it to dry.  I had to fumigate the entire shop.  People please check your pockets.  Unless there is money in them of course:)

Have a great and productive day, staying positive while you are in the negative.

Kim 

27 comments:

  1. That cracked me up. I might have thrown up - I cannot stand that smell! One of my orders that I was cutting last night made me keep sneezing. After I got up, I noticed there was cat hair all over me. Good Lord. I am so allergic to cat hair. I love them, but I cannot be around them long. I am still sneezing today! Neti pot, neti pot - oh, how I love thee.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sorry I am laughing so hard at this post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If I didn't know better I would say that was my DH's jacket - you wouldn't BELIEVE what I find in his pockets on wash day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my god, funny (not for you for us) but oh so bloody gross! I am certain she would be mortified if she knew

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know but when you work around cattle you become immune to poop.

      Delete
    2. My chickens did not smell, no matter what anyone said.

      Delete
  5. That's disgusting! Yet, oh so funny for one that didn't have to deal with it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness! I think I would have added an extra "biohazard" charge to her bill. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I fixed the coat today and it smelled like fresh summer breeze....

      Delete
  7. OH MY GOODNESS! LOL Are you going to tell her? I think I would! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is disgusting and hilarious at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, like the time I was trying to get eggs out from under neath the chicken coop and I fell backwards hit their water feeder, and had it plaster me, in that little tiny space,I was flailing on my back in poop and now covered with water a very sore head. Very funny in deed.

      Delete
  9. I am laughing, but inmy head I was thinking along the lines of a dead mouse!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh we have had the cat bring those in, along with a dead bat, several baby bunnies (they tend to get the whole family, but the worst was a rattlesnake. That one got me.

      Delete
  10. Thank goodness you didn't toss it in the wash, not knowing it had the poop in the pocket!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My mommy always taught me to check all the pockets:)

      Delete
  11. Blechh - I don't know whether to laugh or cringe! I guess I'm glad they scoop the poop and don't leave it behind for others to step in.

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh my... I think I would have been ready to give that coat back to her.lol
    You were so sweet to wash the coat for her and fix it..

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am sure she would feel embarrassed to have left it in there, but oh, so grateful that you cleaned it so well. I hope she gives you a big tip:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I wasn't home when she picked up, so no tip,drats!

      Delete