Monday, February 11, 2019
Monday, Completed a chart and saving!
Today I have to take a meal over to a family that had a baby last week. It was her 5th and she did not make it to the hospital. The baby came too fast. Anyway I will make up a bag of frozen Swedish meatballs, and some mashed potatoes and some kind of vegetable. I did make drop valentine cookies this weekend. I used my grandmother's Swedish sour cream sugar cookie recipe. This can be rolled or dropped and I was lazy so I dropped them and made pink butter cream icing and then put decos, on that I had picked up for .25cents after Valentines day last year. I will take a plate of these for dessert. Done! This is my last pre made meal in the freezer and I have no more cakes or breads, so after I get the freezers cleaned out I will need to get busy and make some things.
Money saving madness February3- 9 2019
1. Ate all meals from home except the one and then we used a gift card.
2. Stuck to the $50.00 a week grocery budget. I have a carry over of $13.00 to add to this weeks $50.00
3. Only used the dishwasher twice this week as we only ran it with a full load.
4. Received a coupon for 5 cans of moist dog food free. Pup has been enjoying this.
5. Used cottage cheese containers to freeze left overs avoiding buying any more plastic.
6. Used coupons at Joanns for items needed for shop.
7. Reused left over lace from an old wedding dress to fix a new one.
8 .Dried heavy items on clothesline and touched up in dryer to save energy
9. picked up a package of sewing odds and ends at goodwill . I needed the green quilt binding and got several other things with it. Package was 2.50. The binding alone would have been over $4.00 so a big save.
10. Picked up a bag of quilt batting at a second hand store enough to complete two baby quilts saved over $7.00
11. Took 35 more items to the thrift store out of the linen closet. Less is more.
12. Mailed off packages of gifts for Valentines day. All things were purchased at 80-90% off after last years sales. Making sending these little gifts (all things that could be used and enjoyed) very reasonable.
13. found .26 cents for my pig bank added change to the bank over the week
14. continued to save any $5.00 bills that came my way I have over $200.00 already!
What did you do this week to save money?
Today is Franka's birthday and my Aunt Annes 84 birthday. Auntie called to say she received her check and she is grateful. Franka would be 34 today. She was the most beautiful of my babies, so she had to go and be an angel.
It snowed here this weekend. It snowed a great deal for our area, but then we can handle a little of this white stuff, after all it is winter. Hubs will be busy today with the snowblower or shoveling.
Have a great and productive day staying positive while you are int he negative.