Tuesday, February 19, 2019

Tuesday, Man cold, Kim marches on

     Okay this post title should say Man cold, Kim crawls on but I wanted to start out on a positive note.  Hubs woke with the start of a man cold, so we will see just what that entails.  There is a portion of leftover roast and a large chicken enchilada in the fridge and I might not cook today.  We will see.  Everyday is an adventure when is comes to meals trying to use up pantry and freezer foods.  I am going to thaw out the last package of burger and maybe make a small meat loaf.

     I was pretty pleased to see that I had completed 6 of the 8 things I had planned to do yesterday.  My dining room is company ready and as I will be serving dinner in there Sunday this is a good thing. I am still working on said wedding dress , but will finish it today.  I also have a bridesmaid dress to get done, some coat sleeves to shorten and two zippers to replace.  So I will try to get through those things.  Oh I forgot about three shirts to tailor.  Yikes!  Okay I have a pretty full day if I can convince myself to get things done like I did yesterday.

     I sliced open my left thumb ( I am right handed) making the roast Sunday. Not deep enough for stitches, but deep enough not to close properly and it is in such a place on the thumb that I can't keep it closed, so it is sore and catches on my hand work.  Hard to get things done but I just keep wrapping it different to see how long I can stand the bandage, before I yank it off and try a different approach.

     Whine, whine, sniff.  My cold is now officially in my upper sinus draining down throat into the lungs with a cough.  Lovely will probably end up on an antibiotic.  If I start to run a fever I will definitely get to the doctor.  Right now I am just miserable. Here let me make you miserable too, by describing my symptoms in full detail.

     Cheryl at cherylsfrugalcorner, talked about a savings plan where you save a penny for the day of the year.  So 1 penny on the first 2 on the second and at the end of the year you have over $600.00.  Doesn't that sound fun and easy?  So I figured up how behind I am and I will need  $12.75 to start from January 1st.  I think I will try.  Then I will have three savings plans.  My pig bank, my penny savings, (although I won't use pennies) and my $5.00 bills.  Soon I won't have any money left to buy groceries as I will be saving it all.  Snort! Any one want to join me?

     Go and get $12.75 in what ever form you can and tomorrow we will add 51 cents to our pile.  Hmmm.... what container will I use?  I know I have something around here I can use that will be fun.  I will go and look and report tomorrow.  I love a challenge that I can do.  Not like the challenge of climbing that da*% rope in P.E.  Could any of you do that?

Have a great and productive day staying positive while you are in the negative.

Kim

8 comments:

  1. I am old enough that only the guys had to climb the PE rope. We would climb it anyway just without a grade. I could always get about midway up before the PE teacher made me stop. She would not let anyone climb higher than half way. I guess they were scared of lawsuits even then. Kind of funny since they required all females to turn somersaults on the balance beam and do the parallel bars, or turn flips on the trampoline, where you could get hurt much easier than climbing a silly rope.
    I should start the penny challenge. I am still saving the fives and it has gotten to be a joke. No matter how hard I try to get a five back in cash it is just not happening!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't seem to get anything but 5's. It is like but I really needed the change from that $20 for groceries.

      Delete
  2. Oh, the humiliation of having to try to climb that rope!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know did they ever think of what would happen if we fell?

      Delete
  3. Hope your thumb heals fast and DH feels better soon.

    I like that penny savings plan. I might have to join you, although I already save all my change.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I save all my change also but this would be an additional goal.

      Delete