Tuesday, February 26, 2019

Tuesday, I have curtains to hem

     Everyone who has read me for a while knows my dislike of curtain hemming, but I will do it if the clients will hang the curtains first for 48 ours and mark them and then I still will not guarantee, but at least I have not had any real snafus since I started these measures.  I think the ones that use me really like the fact that the curtains are pressed and ready to hang.  Pressing or steaming curtains not my thing.

     I did quite a bit of sewing yesterday, completing two bridesmaid dresses and much mending.  Today after the curtains I have a few shirts to alter ad some uniforms and then I am caught up.  Well I should say that I have at least three wedding dresses to alter but won't start those until I get back from daughter's.

     We had leftovers for dinner last night and will finish up the veggies and potatoes tonight or at lunch.  I need to bone out the ham completely and freeze all leftovers while we are gone. I also need to clean my fridge. There is always something to do around here.

     We have a lady from our church coming to stay with us for awhile.  She took a job as a rehabilitation assistant in town and is still trying to sell her house (where her family is) in Nevada.  So she cannot afford to rent a place and it is almost impossible to rent short term in this college town.  She has been staying with a young couple and helping the lady of the house who is having a bad pregnancy, but now her mom is coming for the duration until the baby comes and said woman is out of a place to stay.  I hope it works out. I have met her many times and am close to the young woman she has been helping.  She seems very nice, hardworking and responsible.  I think she may be a little older than me, but as she is working full time maybe not. I am so glad that mom's room and bath are nice and clean and ready for a stranger.

     The sun is shining and it is cold, but at least not snowing today. I cannot believe all the snow in the backyard and deck.  It is crazy.

     DO you have .57 cents for your bank?  I am going to dig up my change right now.

Have a great and productive day staying positive while you are in the negative.

Kim
    

4 comments:

  1. OH Kim, just when you had the house to yourself. You are an extremely generous soul!
    I hate hemming curtains also, which is why my bedroom curtains are tucked under. If pressed for an answer I simply say it is a decorating choice. Yes sometimes my justifications might leave a manure trail and anyone who knows me feels perfectly fine calling me out on them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, but this is pretty short term as her house has sold and they have just accepted an offer on another, so within a month and we have someone to stay with the cats and chickens as we will be gone the next two weekends. Works for us. I am blessed by blessing others.

      Delete
  2. That is very nice of you to have that lady stay with you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate hemming curtains and I have 4 to do right now plus sew 7 for summer.

    ReplyDelete