Monday, February 4, 2019

Monday, Money saving madness

     I am off to the accountants this morning and I just started to pay the February bills.  Yikes it is going to be such a tight month.  I mean scary tight.  I need to really not spend any money at all except for our grocery budget.  But this is what you get when you take a trip.  You have to pay for it.  I am determined to have only one credit card that I owe money to and that has to be paid no matter what.  So I will tighten our belts here.

     I need to  get Aunties check sent by the middle of the week, and also get the boys boxes out.  I can do this if I really sew and buckle down.  I have two wedding dresses in the shop that I can have out by the end of the week and that will help a lot.  I just hope I can get in more work.

     Today other than sewing I will be cleaning out the linen closet which right now is all on the bed in the spare room.  That will be my last area to clean out.  Then believe it or not I am going to go through the whole house again.  Drawer by drawer, closet by closet and after that de clutter I will set up a schedule for deep cleaning this place.  I swear spiders love my house.

     There are many things which need to be done to this house and after it is paid off we will be putting about $10,000 into windows, carpet, paint.  Then we might sell it.  We will see.  But a good cleaning will let us know where the problems are I think.

Monday Money Saving Madness Jan 27-Feb 2 2019

1. Stayed on our grocery budget in fact I spent only $11.00 last week so I have $89.00 this week and I don't see needing all of that.
2. Used meats and pantry staples out of freezers and storage.
3. used up a bottle of face cream that I had for a while.
4. cut make up remover clothes in 1/2 as I don't nee a whole cloth
5. Used coupons at Joanns when I needed am item.
6. took all food scraps to the chickens
7. only ate out one meal, fast food while we were on the road $9.00
8.I have my laundry down to 3 loads a week without sheets and blankets. Big savings
9. Use my clothes line to dry heavy items, hub's flannel shirts  and our jeans then touch up in dryer.
10. Continued to save spare change in my pig bank
11. added $5.00 bills to savings.
12.continued to get rid of unwanted and unused items in the house,less to clean, less, to organize, less  worry, means more money in the long run.

What did you do this week to save money?  Any new tricks you can share?

Have a great and productive day staying positive while you are in the negative.

Kim

14 comments:

  1. Wow... great job. Really don't have money saving tips here. I just only buy what I need. That's it. If it is want, I don't get it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well that is perhaps the best tip of all. But if you can find a way to make necessary things less expensive, (aka drying heavy clothes on a line and then in the dryer for touch up) it all affects the bottome line.

      Delete
  2. Fantastic goals. You are very goal oriented - it is obvious. You have done a fantastic job. You should be very proud. Good luck this month!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and I will need more than luck, I will need to really put my nose to the grindstone and tell myself NO many times.

      Delete
  3. Like you I am going drawer by drawer throughout the house. It is a pain but is really necessary just to get rid of excess. I figure we have about 2 more years here before we sell. This house was made for kids, not two oldsters.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually love our house but the yard is 1/2 an acre all landscaped and it is hell to take care off. Hubs just can't do it anymore.

      Delete
  4. Blessings! All the best to you.
    I continue to thin out STUFF. Keep adding as well. grins.
    d

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am trying really hard not to add anything, just get rid of. I love to bargain shop as entertainment and that is a habit that must stop.

      Delete
  5. You did a great job on your frugal list this week, Kim. Keep up the good work. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Belinda, I swear every bill I have has gone up so I have to be.

      Delete
  6. In a way I can't wait until the Daughter moves out.....that's when we can start in on the house--cleaning out, repairs and upgrades.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is funny but kids really do take the wind out of your sales, even adult ones....

      Delete
  7. I have a 37 year old son u can have,

    ReplyDelete