Sunday, February 24, 2019

Sunday, well the frontroom....

    
This could be a view from my house right now.  It is snowing like crazy and I see no sign of it stopping.  Oh fun. 

     My friend Beth and I spent about 2.5 hours sewing up 6 black circle skirts yesterday afternoon.  After she left I told Hub's I was going to the grocer with every intention of baking scones, making a batch of bread and a batch of piecrusts.  But on my way down stairs I stopped at the computer and when I got done answering an email I discovered that I was tired and I laid down for just a minute on the bed only to be woke up by hub's at 6 p.m.  Yikes!

     So off to the store I went and picked up my cream and butter and bread supplies, but on my way home told myself that I really should first just make the scones, then see how far I wanted to push myself, after all I still had a lesson to prepare and go over.


     The scones whipped up super fast in fact three separate batches only took me 1/2 and hour to get all in the oven.  Then they came out every 10 minutes.  When I pulled the blueberries from the freezer, I realized that they all needed to be used, so I checked on a large bag of frozen strawberries and they too were going to die a slow death, this made me change my mind on dessert.  So no pies, I would have ice cream with different toppings,  How easy?  And the bread can be baked some other day.  See how I just made my list easier and easier?

     Well the lesson is given, choir practice over, scones well received.  One of the baritones always comes in late as he serves as a clerk to the Bishops office.  But I am pretty sure they release him in enough time to see what I have brought for treats.  He always leaves with a plate of goodies for the Bishop and his counselors.  Yeah they are fooling all of us.  One of these days I will help grow (by bribery) that choir big enough there won't be leftover treats.

     Oh by the way I found 11 cent going into Winco last night.  A dime going in and a penny going out.  So the curse Sluggy left on me has some how been lifted.  I really haven't found any money since I left the DC area.

     The ham is in the oven and I will do mashed potatoes, corn, another vegetable, and a pan of cornbread.  But the front room still has not been dusted or cleaned , and I need to do a quick wipe up of the family room and stairs.  Right now I really want a nap, so I am thinking, if I sleep until 3:30 does that give me enough time to put the potatoes on, make the cornbread, set the table and clean what needs to be cleaned?  Well maybe.......

Quick put .55 cents in your pennies bank.
Oh see how my standards are slipping?

Have a great and productive day staying positive while you are in the negative.

Kim

8 comments:

  1. So happy we do not have that snow - just lots of wind.
    I haven't found any 'heaven' pennies or dimes or nickels in ages either. I guess maybe if I went out more!
    Sounds like you got a lot done despite the nap. The scones sound good. I made a butter cake today and some chocolate mousse to put on top of it - keeping it simple.
    Stay safe and warm.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were so easy to make the scones, I sweat we all try these complicated recipes but the old standard are so good.

      Delete
  2. I am glad you are making your life a little easier, and who can turn down ice cream with different toppings?
    You make me feel guilty because I can turn a blind eye to some of the mess around here and I really do need to address it, but the day is gorgeous (sunny, no rain and the temps are near 65) and it made me sit outside and read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Boy if I could twinkle my nose and join you I would so fast.

      Delete
  3. I did not curse you....it was your Sissie putting the hex on you if it's been since you were in D.C. Just sayin'.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been putzing but accomplishing a few things. My body really does ache from over use yesterday-or use after too much non use! Our snow has stopped but the blowing is crazy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is what you get for working too hard. That always happened to me when I do too much yard work. We have more snow and more snow every day, but nothing compare to what you have gotten.

      Delete