Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Wednesday,refinance woes

     In June we decided to refinance our house and heloc.  It will not change a thing except that it will lock the heloc rate.  We have good credit, but our debt to income ratio is higher than I want.  Well we were apporved and they did send out an appraiser.  Now we are getting lists of really stupid questions from an underwriter at this CU.  I have taken list after list of things to her. 

Why did I make a car payment for my daughter in  April?  (She was out of check blanks)
Why did a check for $475.00 written to me get put into my daughter's account and then she made a car payment in June? (I sold her sofa, the check was made out to me, but it was her sofa, so I signed the check over to her)
I believe they think I am making her payments.  Now I do co-sign on her car , but I am not making her payments. )just everything else!

Tax records now for the last 5 years.
A letter from our employer (cleaning)
Business license (like the taxes were not enough)

I finally went to the head of mortgage and said what is going on? I  do not have to do this, and the questions you are asking and the accusations you are making are wrong.  He said welcome to the new mortgage!  Every CU and bank has a new set of trained underwriters whose job it is to make sure no one gets a mortgage.  They fight all the time.  I wish I had never started this.

My advice to anyone out there is DO not rewrite your mortgage unless you have to!  It is a huge pain in the butt!

Out My Window:  I need to go water the flowers, I think it will be cool today.

Mom is still in a great deal of pain, I am going to get her in the shower in a minute, and then get to work.  I still need to do some laundry for her and change the bedding.  I hope she gets better soon.  It is hard to see
her in such pain.  Got another e-mail from sister asking how mom as doing, but no phone call, she is just to busy.(#%^%$@)

Have a great and productive day!

Kim

4 comments:

  1. Our refi In Dec/Jan 2011 started fine, and ended with frantic calls, and a big huge amount of stress. I am glad we did it in the end....but it was a hell of a ride.

    I am working in my flowers tonight....we can work together. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear about your frustrations. That really stinks.

    I hope your Mom feels better soon! That's hard. Especially when you don't have much support from family. Good luck, stay strong!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like the underwriter wants every detail of your finances! I hope your mom feels better soon and that things will be easier for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my - sounds like a pain! good luck with your mom

    ReplyDelete