Saturday, February 8, 2014

Saturday, glad I am home!

     Yesterday was a blur and a little overwhelming.  I had customers here early to pick up and then had to be to the salon by 11:00.  It had snowed pretty heavy for our area, but I wasn't worried as I had 4 wheel drive and the sun was out so I knew it would melt off.  I proceeded to my appointment on nary a plowed road.  Lewiston is built on a series of very steep grades, much like Seattle, so driving on ice or snow is just not smart.  Plus people here just don't go out until the roads are clear.  Smart because they usually hit me.

     I made it to the salon no problem.  All the hairdressers were out front and one of them said "I knew she would make it".  They had, had nothing but cancellations all morning.   I asked if I needed to go get anyone?  I made a few quick trips within the neighborhood and by the time they were done the sun had melted enough to let them walk home.  I was there for about 2.5 hours and the roads were pretty clear when I was done.

     Hub's calls and says his contractor wants us to meet first thing in the morning in McCall.  We had planned on leaving early this morning, I was booked with a photo shoot at the studio at 6 p.m. so I said we would hurry and pack and leave after that. Company would book us a hotel room.

     When I got home at 2:30 I had two brides that needed to pick up and have a final fitting and I needed to steam one of the dresses.  I also had customers waiting to drop off.  Grabbed a slice of bread and started to take care of business.  Hub's gets home and we start pulling outdoor gear out, I am not sure if my Gortex ski suit that I made after B was born (21 years ago) would still fit as I have gained weight.  But it did so we were a flurry of packing and finding the right skis, poles, snow shoes, ice skates, and I realized that I did not have any ski gloves. (thanks kids).  So I went to studio to meet photographer and Hubs went to gas up car and get gloves.

     We had 10 pipers and drummers with full regalia and instruments, 5 Irish dancers and an advanced Ballet class rehearsing, and don't forget the sketch artist from the college in the corner with a big easel.  The partridge in the pear tree had flown to the rafters.  As we are getting the pictures taken, Hubs calls and says trip is cancelled( after all that packing).  Great get down here and help me teach the last ballroom class.  Hubs shows up at 7:15 and class starts at 7:30. I am faint with hunger and my blood sugar is dropping.  Hubs insists we go eat something, so I tell advance ballet instructor to tell Ballroom couple we will be late and to start class.  We run and get a salad bar and run back complete class.  Then we go home and unpack all our crap. Skis, poles, skates, snowshoes, pjs, undies, makeup, medicines, long johns, boots, ski boots, and put it all away.  Collapse in bed.

     Woke up this morning to about 5-6 inches of snow.  Hub's is now out getting snowblower ready to blow out the neighborhood.  I am just going to putz around the house, as in clean, vacuum, dust, and do a little cooking.  Maybe take a nap.  I could handle a nap.

Have a great and productive day!  or have a nap!



  1. That sucks that the trip cancelled! But wow, a lot did happen. No photos? Awww. :(

  2. Yes, I can understand why yesterday was "a bit of a blur"!! Holy smokes - my head was spinning by the end of your post and all I had to do was read it lol! Take it easy today and please, for my sake, take a nap!! :)

  3. Wow, you continue to amaze me with everything that you do. I hope you took a nap! :)