Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Tuesday, The FLU!

     Well after waiting 2.5 hours in the doctors office, I have the flu. Although I hate going on antibiotics and I am on them way too often at least you start to feel human after about 12 hours.  Now I just get to be somewhat miserable for a few more days.  Doc says this flu is mild and usually lasts about 4-5 days.  I guess there is another one out there with high fever for 9-10 days.  I don't have that one, thank goodness.  I cannot get a flu shot so here I am.  Thinking about it I had been experiencing chills Friday night, but the fact that I  was out working hard in the yard made me think it started Saturday.  Doctor says it hits suddenly.  She was right.  By the time I got there I was in my 3-4 day.  I am feeling somewhat better today, just very, very tired.  Body aches are better, headache is better.  It is a pain to go to the doctor every time I suspect an infection but I have to, because of the drugs I take.  Can't mess around.

     My house is such a mess, and I am refusing to cook.  Hub's wanted to go get a hamburger last night and I said NO.  We have officially not eaten out now for one month.  I did go to lunch a couple of times but I was not buying so I don't count that.  Actually right now I am hungry that is a good sign I think.  Haven't really been hungry for a couple of days.  I think I will do up a ground beef bean dish that I love for dinner.  Won't be able to eat it until after I teach.  If I have the energy to go.  We will see.  Just the thought of going makes me light headed.

     I am going to try and get some things done around here and if I can get some work done without having to lay down every 5 minutes I might be going into the home stretch.  Trying to think positive.  The shop is a wreck.  But this won't last forever.

Have a great and productive day!

Kim

9 comments:

  1. You need to let everything else go and get some REST!! The flu is nothing to mess with. So sorry it has you down and out. Let everyone wait on you for a change!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually felt better today, but I took it much easier than usual.

      Delete
  2. I agree with Sarah and Jenny, let it go. The mess in the house will still be there when you feel better and days like this are what cans of soup are made for. Rest, drink lots of liquids, then rest some more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no! I hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am ill, too. I have not eaten anything except bologna sandwiches, bagel, one banana and milk, water, and Coke since Friday. I have not bathed since Friday. My fever goes up and down. My head, joints, and body ache. I lie down without brushing my teeth and then go to sleep. Tomorrow, I am going to doctor.

    ReplyDelete
  5. fingers, toes and everything else crossed that your mum doesn't get it, otherwise you are going to be feeling a lot worse running around after her before you can get yourself better. I agree with the others, this is a way your body is telling you to slow down!

    ReplyDelete