Monday, July 10, 2017

Monday,Saving Madness

     Here we are at Monday again! The time flies by unless you are in labor, or waiting for cookies to cool.  I had a good week at money savings, but I could have done better.  Mom likes to go to the grocery store, but she never pays for anything, she just shops and spends.

     Frugal things I did this week to save money.

1.  Ate all meals at home ( even got stood up for my lunch date)
2. Meats cooked came from our freezer
3. Made several delicious salads from the garden,  new potato salad, cucumber, tomato salad, tossed    salads
4.  Ate green beans and small squash as vegetable several times.
5.  As it is so hot made sugar free jello with fresh fruit, berries I picked.  mom likes sweets and you can buy this at the canned food outlet for .26 a box.  It is one way to get fluids in her.
6. re washed and dried larger plastic freezer bags to reuse.  I never reuse meat bags.
7.Used coupons at Jo Anns for all purchases
8.  Finally took back two items purchased on Mother's day weekend.  My overalls were too big and I exchanged for a smaller size.  A pair of shorts that was miss sized were no longer available so exchanged for a really nice gift for daughter. Before these would have sat around until I gave them away as I was too lazy to return them.
9.Made mom banana cream pie with crust previously frozen and bananas bought by the bag at .19 a pound.  The rest will be used for bread.
10.went to dry cleaners and asked for recycled hangers for shop


     I have sewing to do and a really hard Irish dance competition dress to get done this week.  Hub's and I have been working on the deck.  Well actually hub's has been I have been nagging but that is also work.  Nagging is hard, I had to drink an extra diet coke just to get through one afternoon.  Geez, men think it is easy and it is not.

     I really need to try and get some weeding and cleaning done in the flower beds, it has just been so hot.

Hub's needs to go get,cat,dog, chicken feed.  We need milk, I broke my favorite scraper and one of our sprinkler heads needs to be replaced.  It is for the garden so is a must due immediately.

Have a great and productive day!

Kim

12 comments:

  1. I am always exhausted by the end of your posts. Phew!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm exhausted to. Who is this woman make her stop.

      Delete
  2. I concur with Lizzie!
    I love that nagging is work. I have had a profession all these years and didn't even know it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nagging is work and takes years off your life.

      Delete
  3. Nagging is hard and men think we enjoy it. seriously, nagging will wear a woman to the bone!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jello is a great way to stay cool! I have been craving Kool Aid, and of course I keep a pack or two on hand at all time. I think some chicken salad would be a great way to cool off this week. All that needs is lots of lettuce and tomatoes. Best of all, it is all in the refrigerator.

    Can you post a picture of that Irish dress? My most difficult/complicated was a dress for a 3' mannequin that I was paid $700 to design and sew.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure when it is done. I will start fitting tomorrow. It is the embellishments that are hard.

      Delete
  5. I need to get back into the habit of reusing bags. I used to be so good about it. Like you, I never reused the ones I used for meat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know it is a stupid little thing, but those little things add up.o

      Delete
  6. Those Irish dresses are very intricate aren't they? That's why I put Kazi in Scottish highland dance instead!! Just kidding - the kilts are a work of art! I had an amazing seamstress thankfully, just like YOU :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are getting to the point you cannot see the dancer. Just over the top. Mine will be tasteful. It is like watching toucans dancing.

      Delete