Tuesday, July 18, 2017

Tuesday, Not saving money...

       Next  Monday's post will have to be on no saving money.  Yesterday was very busy in the shop, and I had a Wedding dress that had 8 layers, three of which needed to be hemmed.  Then it had to be taken up in the shoulders, so the sleeves had to be removed and reset.  I finished with a bustle.  I felt like I just cut and cut all day, while customers dropped off piles of things.

     I really wanted to get to painting my deck, and the best time to do this is early evening.  Mom had another  ANOTHER appointment at 4:30, so I asked Lil sis to take her and FEED her, but Lil sis was called into work so I took her and then I thought I am not going to go home and cook a 4 course meal and then do all the dishes, which is what mom would expect.  So I craved a salad and I took mom to Arby's.  Well after getting all she wanted and my salad it was almost $20.00.  Yikes!  I will not do that again. She does like to eat out, but I will find a cheaper solution.  Mom never pays for anything and she never has her purse with her, so getting money out of her is like squeezing water out of a metal chain.

     After wasting $20.00 I came home and did about 1/6 the deck and then went for a long walk. I am doing the deck in parts so it dries well and I can some what keep the animals off.  The minute I am outside working the animals all have to come help.  Little darlings, I have red foot prints all over, and then I have to keep them out of the house.

     I need to work on another Wedding dress today and then a few other things to get my quota done. Feed the animals, check on the chickens, collect the eggs, water all the plants, feed the mother all have to be done in the next hour and then I will hit the machines.

     This evening when it cools down some, I will continue on the deck and weed some in the front bed.  I have a lot of  yard waste mess to clean up and the wisteria has to be cut back again as it is taking over this part of the planet.

     I love it when I have nothing to do. Heavy sarcasm.

Have a great and productive day!

Kim

12 comments:

  1. I always found Arby's very expensive. We loved the beef and cheddar sandwiches, but I would only go when I had a 3/$5 coupon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is expensive and it will be a long while before I am back. Ours has a delicious salad bar, the only reason I went.

      Delete
  2. Can you manage to make something the two of you or her can eat from without your having to pull out all the stops to cook and clean up. What on earth did she eat?

    Remember when the wisteria growing across the yard tripped me? Be careful

    If you don't paint all the way across one board from one end to the other, you will have stop and start marks. Can you put chicken wire across where you paint, or would they just manage to get in the paint anyway.

    Next time you leave with mom, tell her you cannot buy anything, so bring money if she wants to stop and eat. Stick to your guns.

    Arby's Grand Club Turkey is a meal! Plus, here a coupon comes in the mail that makes them $2.99 each. And, you can use the coupon for up to six sandwiches. Take them home and save the cost of drinks. Seriously, this is tasty and filling.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes but mom wants a fully cooked meal as in meat potatoes gravy vegetable. She is a spoiled brat. I have told her before I have no cash and made her pay.

      Delete
  3. Ouch, that was an expensive meal. We no longer live in an area that has an Arby's. To an extent, I'm glad as it eliminates the temptation! Arby's was always one of my favorite fast food places.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i don't comment often, but your posts do make me LOL. I can just feel what you are going through for you!! I love Arby's but only eat there by myself usually. I don't want to pay for anyone else to eat there. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well Hub's was gone so that was a factor. Great minds think alike. You laugh out loud, maybe you would like to take my mother. Your days would be full of laughter.

      Delete
  5. I am imagining a scenario where you say to your mom - "got your purse? You're buying!" If you're carting her around everywhere it seems that the nice thing to do would be for her to take you to lunch! I know, I'm dreaming aren't I?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is a piece of work. I often think about the times she has lost her purse and I have had to spend hours looking for it and retracing my steps all over town. So I always think is it worth it to let her take the purse?

      Delete
  6. Very nice your blog and article. I like this blog thank for sharing.

    เย็ดสาว

    ReplyDelete