Monday, July 24, 2017

Monday,Money saving madness

     Lil sis and I about killed ourselves on Saturday cleaning up the yard.  We took one overflowing truckload to the dump and then filled it again for Hub's to empty.  Hub's came home late Saturday and I felt he should share in our joy.  I was able to clean out part of the flower beds and we put the deck back together.  Then in the dark  we went down the street to a construction site and loaded up rock to fill in our front bed.  Our neighbors had 5 truckloads of large river rock delivered and it was $200,00 a truck load.  I decided I would not pay for rock and would find it and load it my self.  Yes we will save money but I smashed my finger and it is all black and blue.  Might be rethinking this one.

     Toward the end of the day I was trying to carry a large bag of potting soil up the front steps.  I left it about 2/3's of the way up.  I was just too tired.  I thought Hub's will have to do that.  Then I had a few piles of yard waste to pick up in a basket and dump.  After I bent over to pick up the first arm full, I stopped and left the basket and said Hub's will have to finish this.  I was just flat out too tired.  I was very sore and did not sleep well Saturday night.

     We were up for church and the Presidencies of the Relief Society and the Primary were reorganized.  Same old, same old they just switched people around.  But it will make for change and change is always a good thing.Came home took a nap  and then made dinner.  Steak, corn on the cob, cucumbers, watermelon, sauteed mushrooms, lemon pie. Yum!

     I have a lot of house work to do tomorrow and wedding dresses to finish up before we leave on Tuesday to join Sluggy and Hubby in Twin Falls, Idaho.  It will take us about 8 hours to get there and then we will tour around that area and on into the Ashton, Idaho area, where Hub's sister has a big ranch about 14 miles from Yellowstone park.  We will tour the park and all the sites and then head back toward our place so Sluggy can see the confluence  that Lewis and Clark stood on when they came out west.  We will hit as many sites as we can..We will be staying at the ranch a couple of nights as it takes a while to get through everything in that area.  I am so excited.

     On to Money saving madness:

I must say this week I did not try to save money cooking and went out twice.  With no Hubby at home it was just easier and I was lazy.

1. Picked and ate from our garden, cucumbers, squash, tomatoes(finally) beans, potatoes.
2. Only grocery shopped once
3.  Picked up steaks with 50% off stickers and 16lbs of good burger with 50% off sticker.  Burger was $2.25 a lb. took it home and repackaged it.
4.Had hair colored at home saved $70.00 and have enough product to do it again!
5. Hung mom's blankets and sheets outside to dry (twice) instead of using the dryer
6 .re purposed a free table for back deck
7. After patiently looking for a sheet set with elephants on it, found one with a good thread count for under $20.00.  (daughter b-day)
8.  Waited until Talbots sale went to 85% off to replace worn shorts and blouses.
9.Shredded two larger zucc's for bread later.
10. froze several green peppers to flavor soups and sauces.
11. used my last big batch pie crust to whip up a lemon pie for mom
12. used frozen left over bananas to make breads
13. traded cucumbers with neighbor for apricots.

What did you do this week to save money?

Have a great and productive day!

Kim

17 comments:

  1. So you stole from a construction site?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I had stopped and asked the rental person that was showing the property about the large pile of dirt and rock. It is to be moved away in time and I was welcome to any scraps so to speak, as they will have to be hauled away, anyway. Yes I dressed in black and took a flash light. :)

      Delete
  2. Where did you get the free table? Don't overdo it before you meet sluggy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lil sis brought is home from her office, they were throwing it away.

      Delete
  3. Oh heck go ahead and over do because I did on Sunday and this morning. I can barely move now but the "special brownie" I just ate might have something to do with that too.
    Suddenly I want chips....and pizza.....and donuts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh goody we can go over to Clarkston and get some special brownies when we get here. I have never had one but if mom keeps up I may just cave.

      Delete
  4. Wow! I'm amazed. You did great this week. Can't remember last time I bought a steak. My dad took me to a steak house for my birthday. It was delicious!



    Thanks for "talking back" at Harvest Lane Cottage. Do you know that your comments come through to my email as a "no reply blogger"? If you'd like to get direct responses to your comments more often, you might like to know how to change that. I wrote about it in this blog post.

    http://harvestlanecottage.blogspot.com/2015/01/are-you-no-reply-blogger.html

    If you're like me, you don't have time to go back and check on other blogs to see if you've gotten a response to your comment. I sometimes can take time to track down commenters, but I'm usually short on time.

    ஐღLauraღஐ
    Harvest Lane Cottage
    ...doing what I can with what I've got where I am
    on a short shoestring budget!
    ~~~~~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will try and fix this. But leaving or trying to leave tomorrow and mom is throwing up none stop. Something I am sure you can relate to. Get well, stay well while I am gone.:)

      Delete
  5. How do you get your sister to help you with yard work? Do you help her, too?

    ReplyDelete
  6. We both like yard work and were raised to work hard together. I will go to her house and do things she needs. Like rip wall paper off wall. Scrap it off walls, layers at a time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's nice you can help each other out. My late husband and his brother used to work on projects together. Your mother must have done something right, even if she is a pill now, to raise daughters who cooperate so well, and who are so capable.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You and Slugs are going to have so much fun! I've been quite frugal with food this week - spent $60 on groceries on Monday which should last me into next week. Brought my own food to the beach instead of going to the restaurant :) Bought clothes for my trip at the nearby thrift shop.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good for you, Sluggy and I have been together since noon. Laughed way too much. Can one laugh too much?

      Delete
  9. YAY! You get to see Sluggy! You'll have fun.
    As for being frugal, As soon as this fair stuff is done, I'm going to go all gang busters and make clothes for Meri and I from my stash or from older clothes that will get an overhaul. The only new things I'll buy to support my habit may be thread or zippers...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good for you. Sluggy and I have just started to have fun.

      Delete
  10. Oh wow good for you! I'm working on the yard too, but sooooo slowly.

    ReplyDelete
  11. تعتبر شركة تنظيف منازل بجازان من أشهر وأفضل شركات التنظيف التي تقدم خدمة متميزة وتقدم كل ما هو جديد في عالم خدمات التنظيف المنزلية بالإضافة إلى أنها تواكب وتسير مع التطورات التكنولوجية حيث تستخدم أحدث المعدات والآلات الحديثة لكي تضمن لعملائها الكرام خدمة متميزة في عالم التنظيف واحترافية في العمل من أجل كسب ثقة عملائها ومستخدميها داخل الشركة حيث إن شركة تنظيف بجازان حاصلة على اعتمادات وشهادات مكاتب وخبرات دولية في مجال تنظيف المنازل في جميع صورها وأشكالها سعيًا للحصول على ثقة عملائها.

    وتعتمد شركتنا اعتمادًا كليًا على طريقتين في خدمات تنظيف المنازل وتكون هاتين الطريقين من أكثر الطرق تميزًا وتقدمًا في هذا المجال الحديث سواء كان اعتمادها على التنظيف بأجهزة البخار وهي أجهزة تعمل على امتصاص الشوائب والأتربة التي تعلو الأسطح، ثاني طريقة تعتمد عليها شركة تنظيف المنازل في جازان هي استخدام المنظفات الحديثة وذلك حيث القضاء على الأطعمة والمشروبات اللاصقة والمسببة للبقع على الأسطح الخارجية.

    مما لا شك فيه أن النظافة من أهم الأمور التي يجب على الإنسان أن يحافظ عليها وعلى وجودها بكل شيء من حوله، فلولا وجود النظافة من حولنا لانتشرت الفوضى والأمراض والأوبئة في كل مكان حولنا، ولهذا فمن الضروري أن نهتم بها حتى نستطيع أن نعيش الحياة النظيفة والآمنة دون أن نعرض أنفسنا ولا من حولنا لأي ضرر من أي نوع، وهذا هو ما تقوم شركة تنظيف بجازان بتوفيره لجميع عملائها بكل مكان، وهذا من خلال إستراتيجية العمل القوية جدًا التي تعمل من خلالها.
    شركة تنظيف منازل بجازان
    شركة تنظيف في جازان
    شركة رش دفان في جازان
    شركة عزل خزانات بجازان
    شركة عزل مسابح بجازان
    شركة تنظيف كنب بجازان

    ReplyDelete