Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Wednesday, What a night!

     In my super thrifty way, I decided to feed mom her left overs from Arby's.  She had 1/2 a sandwich, 4 onion rings, and 1/2 a danish.  Now when we left Arby's , with her leftovers they went right into the fridge when we got home.  I took them out of the fridge and reheated them in the micro wave, she ate all of her plate so it must have tasted good.  About  2 hours later she was throwing up. She continued this until 2:30 in the morning.  I kept getting her to drink a couple of ounces of water every time she was sick to keep her from dehydrating, and I decided at about 2:30 if she was sick one more time I was taking her in to the hospital.  But she went into a deep sleep and was no longer clammy when I touched her.  So I went to bed on the sofa as to be near her if it started again.

     Since I needed to stay close to her room, I messed around on the computer.  About 11:00 I felt a fly buzz around me and it was annoying me.  So I shewed it away and then it came back and turned out to be a BEE!  It managed to get down my night clothes and sting me in the right arm pit.  So now I have three boobs ( and I am not talking about my husband).  It really hurt for about a minute and then became an angry dull ache.  Scared mom as I was going OH, OH, OH ,cuss word and dancing and stripping off my clothes.  She felt so bad and this did not help the sick situation.  I went upstairs and got a bag of frozen peas to put under my arm and then I was able to sleep some.

     Mom is better this morning.  I have no idea what made her so sick.  Lil sis thought it was nerves,  I think it might have been triggered by nerves and then I realized it was food poison. It was like her body was trying to get rid of something with all the symptoms she had.  I will not feed her leftover onion rings again.

     Yuck, what a night, now I have to change her sheets again, and wash all the bedding.  Fun with Kim.

    Mom has a doctor appt. at 2 with an audiologist.  I have a bride coming for a second fitting at noon.  There is much sewing to be done today.

     Yesterday was busy sewing, and I was able to finish about a third of the deck.  I also went out and weeded in the front 100 feet of the house by the street.  It is a hard area to weed, and next year I am going to beat Hub's up until he sprays the weeds when they are little.  We had such a cold spring and so much rain and then HOT, so the little buggers became big bugger's overnight.  I am about 1/2 done out front and then I have to clean up the mess I made.  But with Lil sis's help tomorrow I should be able to knock out a few things.

     I am sleepy and need to, feed the mother, water and feed the animals, collect eggs, water all the plants, clean up the kitchen, straighten the upstairs, make myself beautiful (I am going to New York) all in the next hour, so I had better get my butt in gear.

Have a great and productive day!

Kim

11 comments:

  1. Add a bee and bee sting to your problems! That would hurt me for three days like the day I was stung. Hopefully, you can get much done with help. Onions in food do spoil fast.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No take home onion rings any more. I am so tired and now my carpal tunnel is flaring and my shoulder is pinging because of the swollen arm from the bee sting.

      Delete
  2. I am just sure it was the onion rings. I feel so bad. Never again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poor mom! Food poisoning is awful to have. Glad she is doing better now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She did not eat much today. Her stomach is sore.

      Delete
  4. Does your mom still have her gallbladder? Sometimes what seems like food poisoning is gallstones acting up. Just a thought.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was removed years ago. But thanks for the input.

      Delete
  5. Hey! I thought "I" was the gal who always gets food poisoning when traveling?
    I hope Mom is better soon and just what is Hubs doing while you are conquering the world?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You really need to be careful at those breakfast bars. At least when you get with me you will have better food. I am saving some onion rings for you....:0 Nothing is worse than puking and trotting (!) when you are traveling unless you are a Horse and then it is just fine.

      Delete
  6. Hi Kim! Thanks for your comment on my blog. I'm so pleased to meet you! I'm sorry you've had such an awful time. Food poisoning...ugh! Bee sting...double ugh!! I hope your Mom is okay. I see you're sewing wedding dresses. You are one brave woman. I sew dance costumes and dealing with those Dance Mommas is a whole new exercise in patience. I cannot imagine dealing with nervous brides. Anyway, we sound like two peas in a pod, so I am a new follower. How wonderful to find your inspirational blog! Mimi from A Tray of Bliss xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have designed and sewn many a dance costume and never had much trouble with the moms. I was the owner and teacher and they didn't dare. I am currently working on an Irish dance dress that is going to be a dream for one of my former students. I only sew custom dresses for my girls and close family members but I alter several dresses a week during heavy season. I loved your blog.

      Delete