Wednesday, July 12, 2017

Wednesday,Nothing is easy.....

     We cannot get any of the boards off the deck.  The screws are stripped or the screws won't budge or the screws are painted or we are screwed.  Now last time we replaced boards (two years ago) I had a neighbor kid do it.  But as Hub's is doing it, there are major problems.  All of which require me to go out and stroke his head. every 5 minutes.

     I finally got on youtube and looked up this old house videos and he is on his way to  Home Depot to find new drill bits that should help.  So here we are no progress.  So frustrating. 

     I must run to Jo-anns this morning as I am out of things for this costume.  I also had $340.00 worth of work come in yesterday it was crazy busy.

     Just brought mom down her breakfast and Hub's has returned with the new bits.  I hope these work.  Why does everything have to be so difficult.  Complain, whine, tantrum throw.

     But notice my totals, some thing to cheer about!  House is down another $1200.00,  Home improvement loan and Studio CC down some.  Added another $100.00 to savings.

     Hopefully I can report boards replace tomorrow.  I will be tie to the machine all day.

Have a great and productive day!

Kim

8 comments:

  1. Good job on paying down bills. I really do understand it is difficult and he is older, and I hope the bits work. I'm surprised the screws are so difficult since he put them in two years ago. This new deck material that is some sort of compound that lasts forever is getting to look better and better. I've seen it, and it looks just like wood.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No these screws were put in 17 years ago. He is just slow and a giver upper.

      Delete
  2. We tore our deck completely down several summers ago and ran into the same issue with screws. I wound up chiseling the wood around the screws and using a hack saw to cut through those suckers. Hope the drill bit works better than my "solution".
    Have fun/make lots of money sewing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are just replacing 6 boards one a year :) I think.....

      Delete
  3. Focus on the progress you're making with paying off your debt and let your hubby worry about the deck! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is mother still alive? Another goal met!! :) I get the idea that hubby is not a hand-man. I hope he can get a screw lose! And many more...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes she is thanks for asking, you are so funny. No he is not handy at all.

      Delete