Tuesday, November 21, 2017

Tuesday, I was very, very cranky....

Image result for witch wife


     Yesterday was not good for me or anyone within a few yards of me.  Besides having a terrible chest cold and coughing non stop, I felt like my head was going to explode.  I was angry and frustrated with my Husband (for good reason) and I was short with my mother.

     Hub's actually tried to hide from me but with my witch skills I found him.  I had plenty of sewing that needed to be done and it was raining cats and dogs.  So Hub's props himself on his butt with a book and mom starts making demands to start baking for HER open house. I was more than a little irritated.  I stomped up to hub's and demanded that he do a few things I had been after him for.  He of course did them half/a$$ed and I exploded and made him redo them  three times.  I mean really?

     Then I was punished for losing my temper by my sewing machine dying.  I am very good at fixing sewing machines.  This is a throw away job.  SO I broke down into hysterics.  Hub's went and hid again.  Mom hovered, which irritated me.  Hubs left at about 5 when I was going to start dinner.  HE had to go set up for a jazz band recital.  When we realized he was leaving, mom offered to take me out for a taco and even paid for it!  I took her up on this.  So tonight we will have what we were going to have last night.

     Hub's just went to pick up youngest D#3at the airport.  We just heard that D#2 arrived at D#1's,keeping track of these kids is harder now than when they were babies.  Well they were never babies at the same time.  They all act like babies at the same time now....  Okay they are great kids.

     Mom wants to make fudge today and I agreed.  We all have dental appointments at 2:00 and Hub's no longer has dental insurance so I hope he can get buy with a cleaning.

Here is our families fudge recipe that we have used for over 40 years.  So easy and never fails.

1-8 oz package of cream cheese (use philly only) .88
1 cube butter or margarine .50
dash of salt
2 tsp vanilla .5
2 squares of baking chocolate or 1/2 cup coco .20
1- 2lb bag of powder sugar .99

Soften cheese and butter and mix thoroughly
add salt and vanilla
add chocolate or coco
add powder sugar  mix until well blended and shiny.  You may add nuts of your choice.

press into a pan and put in fridge.  This makes 3lb.s of fudge for under $3.00 and it is delicious.  You can add nuts but it will up the cost by a dollar or so.  This also makes a great gift.

Have a great and productive day staying positive while you are in the negative.

Kim

     

17 comments:

  1. (((((((HUGS))))))) Kim. We all have those days when we have had our fill and just explode. I know I have. I do hope everything goes well with your dental appointments today and that you have a wonderful Thanksgiving with your kids. Be blessed my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang in there. This too shall pass. I'll be trying your fudge recipe. Have everything on hand except the cocoa.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm trying but now my mom is in Holiday grouch mode. She totally ruined everyone's Holidays last year, on purpose and I am so afraid the same thing is going to happen this year.

      Delete
  3. My family tries to hide from me when I am having one of those days. Megan will walk in and look at me and say "uh oh" as she turns around and heads for her room. Ha! I hope the taco treat made the day better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The best thing about days like that is when you climb into bed, and realize they are over!!!
    Tacos sound good. : )
    Hope today was better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was but mom is in her usual Holiday grouch mood.

      Delete
  5. Doing something half-a$$ed is very passive/aggressive. Plus, the person wants you to see how annoying he can be, hoping you will never ask again. After all these years, I would think he would know better. I am too old, tired, and out of time to train a man...lol. Well, the fudge should have made you feel better. The hovering, even though annoying, just shows how much your mother cares, plus buying you a taco. Sweet, but I can see how annoying the hovering must have been. I hope you get over this. My crud is slowly going away, I think.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is just lazy and if he half a$$es that means I won't ever ask him to do anything which is exactly what he wants. But I am getting hard and I will climb him and insult him until he does what I ask. I am done with my doormat phase.

      Delete
  6. I am going to try that fudge. Fudge here means something totally different, no chocolate and you need a thermometer, but its still soft and yum, not like toffee. So definitely going to give this a try and learn something new.
    And its fine to be grumpy when everyone is being really annoying :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Hub's is one of the laziest men you will ever meet. He will work me into the ground and then ask why I am laying down.

      Delete
  7. Ohhhh Kim - does this mean a new sewing machine?! Darn it all! Holidays are tough on the best of families and I always look forward to them with mixed emotions. I hope in spite of everything you have a wonderful time at least with your daughters!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I will. Mom is just such a downer all the time, I think she works at being hard to get along with.

      Delete
  8. I'm in a mood too... I just found out that the married daughter won't be able to come at ALL during December and will miss all the doos that we do here. So I'm sad. The Christmas tree might just very well be put up tomorrow morning so she can help dec it out for the day and a half that she'll be here this week... I planned it out amidst tears this morning. My hubs, the scrooge, doesn't know yet about the tree idea...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so hard when they marry and they are no longer yours. My mother is hell bent on ruining the Holidays.

      Delete
  9. Your blog is very nice,Thanks for sharing good blog.

    หนังฟรี

    ReplyDelete