Thursday, April 5, 2012

Thursday, simple pleasures

     I got up early this morning.  I have been sleeping later with the time change.  But this morning I was up at 7 o'clock, which I love.  I will have to start working at least 1-2 hours in the yard soon and this gives me time to get cleaned up and into the shop.  I took a long HOT bath this morning.  In my own tub, where I know just how much hot water I need and just how deep I want it.  I soaked for about 20 minutes, it was so lovely.  It is one of those simple pleasures we take for granted. I also put on a long sleeve cotton blouse instead of a turtle neck and polar fleece vest.  I don't know if I will make it through the day, but it was the first day I was warm enough to feel like I could do this.  I long for warmer weather.  Remind me I wrote this when I am complaining about the 100 plus degree heat this summer.

     I just put in my second load of laundry and I have two more to do.  Hubby had a full basket and I had a couple of loads.  We went out a purchased lunch meat and milk and Easter candy.  Even he was shocked at the prices of food.  But there is only the two of us most of the time.  I don't feel that groceries are an issue.  I sure feel sorry for people with large families if they have a tight budget.  Flour and sugar and oil and butter are on sale, so I will stock up this week.
 
     Lena  (Frugal and Thankful) was posting about the over abundance of Easter (crap) available and how her little boy was really noticing this ridiculous phenomenon we call American consumerism.  Now I do make Easter baskets and I have to admit I was one to go over board on things.  I do love chocolate.  But I am really cutting back this year just like I did at Christmas.  I don't think any one will complain.  I have kept the kids baskets just like their stockings.  I give them up when they get married.  So I do not buy baskets every year.  I also pick up that grass(I hate) when it is 10 cents after Easter!  I have enough for about 5 more holidays.  We don't hunt eggs anymore, but I remember some really special Easter's hunting eggs as a child with my brothers and sisters.

     I just realized that yes, it is April and yes. today is the 5th and I have bills due!  See if you go on vacation at the end of March the calender just stays there while you are gone.  Bet you guys didn't know that.  So this means I have to pay attention to the desk.  Blah!   I also have to do a budget for April.  Blah, Blah!!  I think I will go make Easter cupcakes.......(for my husbands office).

     Shop is going to be storming busy today, by 10 a.m. which is in 30 minutes I think I will have a line of people at the door.  Good I need the work!  But I have to straighten it and put all the machines back where they belong.  I have a serger that has gone defunct and I cannot fix it.  It is at least 8 years old and  is my oldest machine so I am going to put it to rest. 

     Out My Window:  Sunny, but cool.  Chickens were happy to see me.  My husband says they are chickens and are happy to see anyone with food.  But I truly beleive they love me and think I am beautiful.  The sprinkler men were here to turn on the system.  Another bill!

    Have a great and productive day!

Kim

3 comments:

  1. I can't wait for some warm truly spring weather too! We decided to do a little basket for Easter with a couple of DVDs we picked up at Target for cheap. And we'll do some chocolate. Kids love all the free egg hunt events around here but I hate that they bring so many candies home. Especially since we still have some left from Halloween...

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had so many goodies at school yesterday...I can honestly say I don't want to eat anymore chocolate.....for at least 24 hours!I believe the chickens love you...we always had chickens when I was growing up an my dad would pick them up and carry them around and as he worked in the yard they would follow him around. Happy Easter Kim!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too, love a nice long bath.
    And I agree with you-the chickens love you and not the feed!

    ReplyDelete