Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Tuesday, I did it!

     I paid off the last Credit Card.  Now I just have to be able to pay the balance in full every month while costume charges are coming in.  This should not be a problem, as I have money set aside for costumes, and I put all costume money in a separate account; so it is available for pay off when the bill comes in.  I was lumping all the money together last year and then there was never enough let to pay off the charges, but not any more.
     This has been so hard but I finally did it.  Now I just have to keep my head above water and get through the summer without debt.  Our emergency fund is down because of the tires( sore subject and some medical supplies)  I have been so engrossed in the card payoff that I was short for prescriptions and so I took from the emergency fund.  I know a little impatient, but I have almost enough in my slush fund to refund that account.  I also will get reimbursed by the fire department for the Celtic show and that should bring my house payment account back to where I am comfortable.
   
     I AM SO PROUD OF ME!

     But I am also so scared.  DO you know how many times I have been here and fallen off the wagon?

     By the way speaking of wagons JUDY is back and I am so happy.  I loved her blog and missed her dreadfully.  So it is like a Christmas present.

     I am not going to stress about large debt pay off any more until next September.  I still have the two notes one on the car and one on the truck (which is x-fer debt for the studio).  My pan is to still pay off the truck loan by next Christmas. Right now I have a very expensive major recital to get through and pay for in full.  Any money left over and yes there should be a couple thousand I will save and put toward summer bills.   I do not have anything saved for our vacation in July and I will need at least $1500 for that.  Now the old me would have taken that extra money put it on the truck and then debted all summer.  I would have justified it and spent much more foolishly as I would have felt sorry for myself.  But now it is slow and steady.  I have a many, many smaller debts concerning this show and the studio summer bills.  I always under estimate them, but not this year.  I will pay the regular truck payment for the next 4 months and then attack it full force next fall.  If all goes well I will owe about 14,000.00 on that and I will add anything extra plus the regular payment.  It will still be a stretch.  A doable stretch.

     It is so easy to make plans on paper, that are just not doable. But I am getting better at seeing my folly.  Money is so easy to spend.

     So my new goal is to fully fund the EFUND again hopefully by the end of the week or the first part of next week.  Then the house fund.  It just never ends.  I really like Carla's blog she seems to be so ahead of the game and then she has to stop regroup and start over.  It makes me feel like I am not alone in this world of fluctuating finances.

     Out My Window: It is a beautiful day, but alas I am stuck at the machine.  Everything is so green.  Almost a blinding green.

Thanks for all the support, I cannot do this without you.
     Have a great and productive day!
Kim  

    

19 comments:

  1. YAY! Congratulations on paying off the card!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am proud of you, too! And I just know there won't be any falling off the wagon this time - you are too focused to let that happen! Doing the happy dance for you over here :)

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations paying off your card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woohoo!!! Congratulations Kim!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations--a huge goal and you did it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations--a huge goal and you did it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so proud of you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOu are going to be just fine..and remember we are always here for support

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hurrah for paying off the card!!!
    Ya done good Kim....

    ReplyDelete
  9. Whoo hoo!!! Good for you. Enjoy this feeling as you keep on going!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ya win some and ya lose some, right now you are winning! The positives are winning against the negatives so you are really making headway!! One debt at a time, then SNOWBALL!! Take the $$ that used to go to CC debt and throw it at the truck!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yay for you! That is a great accomplishment and you should be proud :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy for you !!! Very inspiring to read your daily efforts...it means a lot that you share. You and Judy, Carla and Mysti are my favorite daily reads. Thank you! Karen

    ReplyDelete
  13. {{KIM}} That is so awesome! You should feel a lot lighter with that debt off your shoulder! Congrats!!!

    I like that you are conscious of what you have done in the past...that should help you get through the summer without incurring new debt.

    Celebrate, my dear! This is a great accomplishment!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. YOU DID IT!!!! I am sooooooooo proud of you!!!!!!! YAY!!!!

    *happy dancing for Kim*

    ReplyDelete
  15. YEAH!!!!! You did it and not only that but you have a great plan for the summer.... Good Job

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congratulations Kim. I am so proud of you and so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Kim, congratulations! I'm really happy for you! It's really motivating to see your success!

    ReplyDelete