Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Wednesday, Pippie Longstocking Day!

     We had good turn out at the studio last night, but boy were my feet sore!  I am very excited to see the rest of the days of the week.  I love to meet new faces and am happy to see old students return.  It is really just me and the Ballet Mistress, one other Jazz teacher this year.  I do have assistants to help with demonstration and floor work, but I do the teaching.  I am getting old.  Just really laugh at myself.

     Eye doctor does not know what to do with me.  Lasik or replace the lens?  They are hashing out the options.  This keeps me off my meds for arthritis so I wish they would hurry up and decide so I can get on with my life.  I know much of my pain and stiffness if from lack of medication. I am so tempted to start my treatment again,  but the minute I do they will call and say please come in!  I have to be off the good stuff at least 10 days before surgery.

     I am making myself have a Pippie Longstocking day.  For those of you who have not read her adventures, she would make herself do things she did not want to do.  If she was scared of something or putting it off she would command herself to do it with out delay.  As she was her own boss it was hard to motivate herself to clean and do unpleasant tasks.  

     So Today:

1. Get Up....(okay that was for me to feel good about myself, I'm such a motivator)
2. Pickup Master bedroom and bath (notice I did not say clean?)
3. Pickup spare bath
4. Pickup spare room and sweep, make bed.
5. Empty all the trash cans in the house.
6.Start the laundry (I only have two loads, why is this such an issue?)
7. Go through new studio stuff and process checks
8. Make a September budget.
9. Put away dishes in the kitchen and straighten it up.
10. Gather eggs.
11. Check fridge for leftovers for dinner.
12. Sew until 3:30 and then go to studio.

     I only have one class that I teach tonight, but I am always at every class the first month.  I need to meet new parents and make sure things start off on a good note.

Out My Window:  Beautiful cooler, Have a chicken that won't get off the nest, I think there are about 8 eggs under her.  Trying to bribe her, I don't think she is falling for it!

     Shop is crazy full and I need to get busy!  Two dress blue uniforms to get ready and two prom dresses due out tomorrow before 11 tomorrow, all have to be done before I go to studio.

Have a great and productive day!

Kim

6 comments:

  1. Hurray! May it continue with a good bang for the rest of the season!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just noticed I've been replying when your posts are initially blank, then come back and read and wonder 'I am quite sure I didnt see any of this last time I was around!' I need one of those days... I have lots of them at work, but none at home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like things are on the bright side right now! Busy but it's all good!I'm glad you had a good turnout at the studio.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like things are starting out the season great! Hope they can decide on your eye stuff soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you are knocking things off your list! Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Busy as always! Good luck with the new (dance) school year! Does bribing a chicken work?

    ReplyDelete