Monday, November 19, 2012

Monday, getting ready for Thanksgiving!

     -$142.16 personal
       $213.47 studio


     I am busy checking things off my list so we can leave tomorrow morning for Thanksgiving at my daughters.  I cleaned out my closet today I don't know why, I guess the winter suits and summer pants and blouses were getting all hung together and it was unnerving.  Anyway I took out a whole basket full of clothes to take to the resale shop.  I will do that this afternoon when I do my errands.  I am also taking money down to the bank and cash a few checks.  I will pay the Credit card bills today so that when I get back I will only have the few bills left that hit at the end of the month.  I also hope to be able to cover all the overdraft account and get at least $500.00 back in the emergency fund before the end of the month.

     Even though this has been a stressful month it has really been informative.  I have realized that I usually spend a lot more money than I make and then play catchup.  Stupid and a hard habit to break.  I will have to have another $500.00 to help pay the house payment the 1st week in December. In addition to trying to get money in the emergency fund, buy groceries and put gas in the cars.  This is much more cash than I can produce at times and if the studio does not produce anything for me to pull from I go into the red.  So this is a problem that needs to be fixed.

     The chickens are no longer laying so we are trying to decide what to do with them.  Hubby does not want to feed them all through the winter, but I cannot face killing them as they are pets.  We will get new chicks next spring.  Chickens do not have long lives.  I feed them all peelings, and table scraps and they do scratch around the yard and garden.  But next year they have to be locked out of the garden as they do too much damage.

     I will be on the road tomorrow so if I don't get to blog again have a Happy and Safe Thanksgiving Day, God Bless all of you and please know how grateful I am to have you as part of my life.

Kim


5 comments:

  1. Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family. Have you had any more success collecting money from the late payers?

    Gill

    ReplyDelete
  2. Safe Travels, and Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a great Thanksgiving with your family! You deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a safe & happy Thanksgiving with your family!

    ReplyDelete