Monday, December 17, 2012

Monday, The show is OVER!

     The Show is over and I am so relieved and happy.  Now I still have a mess every where I look and I have not been been down to the studio, but all in good time.  I need to run D#3 back up to campus to get books exchanged and I will do a little Christmas grocery shopping at Winco.  Then back down to sew.  We are also having a party at the dance studio for the dancers at 4:00 to watch the video of the show.  Then I have no classes for two weeks!  I really need a break.

     D#2 and D#3 were here for the weekend to help and then we celebrated Hubby's 62 Birthday last night.  I made fried chicken, mashed potatoes, gravy, sweet potatoes, corn, biscuits and German chocolate cake,  All his favorites, but I think I used every pan in the kitchen.  We also used the Christmas china.  Yes, I got up early Sunday morning and put away all the Thanksgiving and Halloween things.  I then unpacked the Christmas china.  D#2 and I put up the tree and put china on the shelves in the formal front room, but that is as far as I got.  Maybe tonight after the party and we clean the bank I can get a few more boxes up stairs to finish.

     I have a lots of bookkeeping to do with the show and bills to pay and sewing to get done, Christmas shopping, it goes on and on.  Right now I am just basking in the feeling of relief that I have nothing super pressing for the next two weeks. 

     By the way gas is down to $2.89 here it is amazing.

My thoughts and prayers go out to the families of the victims in Connecticut.  I have just wept for these people.  How do we stop this?

Have a good day in spite of the evil in the world.

Kim

7 comments:

  1. Wow! $2.89 for gas. I should drop by one of these days. Though at $3.21 for gas round here, I can't complain either. Congrats on being done with the show. I am sure it was outstanding, and hopefully these upcoming 2 weeks will give you a respite and chance to catch up before they start all over.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So jealous of your gas prices!

    And, 2 weeks off is awesome - you need it!! :-)

    I know, I cried all day on Friday. It is so painful to even think about. Those children were exactly the age of my own kids, & it's just horrifying. Truly horrifying.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy your "time off".... try to relax during that time! lol!! CT is heartbreaking.... :( My heart aches everytime I see my little ones knowing that others have lost theirs so tragically & brutally this year. :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you survived!
    Now go sleep!! Let Hubs and the girls wait on you for a change.....
    The bills will still be there after you catch up on your zzzzzzzs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay for you surviving the show!! You deserve those two weeks off! I'm with slugmama - go get some sleep!

    And $2.89 for gas? Sure hope that shows up around here soon.

    Merry Christmas!

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  6. glad it all went well. That is super low for gas, wish it were that low here in Canada.

    Gill

    ReplyDelete
  7. So happy it's over! Now get some rest and try to relax. And I have to say - your gas prices are just awesome! We are down to $3.18 right now (and I'm loving it too).

    ReplyDelete