Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Wednesday, baking, baking!

     Still behind in the sewing department, need to pay the rest of the December Bills and close the books on the studio, so what am I doing?  BAKING!

     Last night I made a batch of caramels, a batch of hay stacks, a batch of almond roca, and 5 lbs of fudge, with and without nuts. I will need to make another batch of each almond roca and caramels.

Today a good friend is coming over for Power baking with Kim!

We will make:
 Peppekakkor, rolled thin Swedish pepper cookie
Kokkokasser, cut thin refrigerator Swedish coconut butter cookie
Rosettes, made in oil off a mold
Krum kakke,  made on a griddle and rolled into a tube
Spritz, pumped out of a press
Thors Hammers, pumped out of a press and dipped in chocolate and nuts
Almond sugar cookies frosted of course
Kranz Hearts, double layer sugar cookie with jam in the middle
Dipped apricots


I will also make a few almond cakes, as these are everybody's favorites.  Right now I need to go do more laundry and get some cookie dough in the fridge.  We are taking hubby to the Hobbit  tonight for his birthday.  It will be a a busy day.

Out My Window:  yesterday was warm and sunny, just beautiful.

Have a great and productive day!

Kim

10 comments:

  1. Goodness, Kim, that is a lot of baking! I bet your house smells heavenly! Do you have a recipe for the caramels? They sound delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was going to ask the same question! Would love to know how to make caramels!

      And, wow, Kim - you are amazing! I haven't done nearly enough baking this year.

      Sarah

      Delete
  2. Take photos! Those sweets sound delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy smokes! That's a lot of baking. I was happy that I made 6 batches of banana bread/muffins & a giant pot of lentil soup. You are brave to take on all of those baked goods. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I sense a Swedish theme here....except for the Fudge....Fudge being the universal candy language. lol

    My question is-How do I get on your recipient list? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yum! Make a platter for my house, will you??!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yum! They all sound good! I haven't thought about making haystacks in ages but I think I know what I want to make next weekend...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Link exchange is nothing else but it is just placing the other person's website link on your page at proper place and other person will also do same for you.
    Have a look at my site : Hainan Airlines

    ReplyDelete