Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Wednesday, lovely Christmas!

Christmas Eve: 
   The girls and I went and got our nails done, it was daughter #2's treat and then we all finished up last minute shopping.  I was home about 2:30 and started dinner.  Oyster stew, cheese and crab balls, relish tray, croissants, shrimp and lobster, steamer clams.  All washed down with sparkling cider.  The table was beautifully set with Christmas china and candles.  Hubby was home by 4:30 and started a fire in the fire places and then we ate.  Girls helped me clean up and we washed all the table linens.  Then we played games for about an hour.  We played a trivia game on hubs new tablet and it was so funny to see and hear all 4 of us try to beat this computer.  4 different generations shouting out answers just a riot.  I was able to get the girls really nice cotton robes that were originally $80.00 for under $10.00.  I also found white cotton tank tops for about .99 and pj bottoms with candy canes four dollars.  So I had them open their Christmas pj's and then we all sang Christmas carols while I played the piano.  Then to bed with many laughs.

     Hubs woke up first and took the dog for a walk, I got up and started orange and caramel rolls.  Girls were up around 9 and we did stockings, then opened presents.  Every one was thrilled with their gifts.  We all trooped down stairs with plates of home made orange and caramel rolls and had a Big Bang Marathon.  Laughed and laughed.  It is a little off color but the geeks are so much like my husband that the girls and I just roll.  The girls do not know what they like best the show or watching their dad and I look at each other and laugh.  They love to see their dad laugh at the boys antics.  We all dosed and ate and slept and watched movies, then ate and slept and watched movies... you get the drift.  It was a quite peaceful Christmas day.

     We have quite a few errands to run today.  Daughter #3's lap top needs to go to the doctor and we have a few a things to return.  Daughter #2 has to leave today, boo hoo I wish she could stay.  I need to get down to the studio and really clean before next week but I will think about that tomorrow, right now I am just going to enjoy my kids.

     Out My Window:  No white Christmas here but it is cold.

Have a great and productive day!

Kim

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fun day.
    Merry Christmas Kim!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a very enjoyable weekend! Glad you all had such a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want an invitation to your next Christmas Eve party - that sounds completely perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely day. So glad you had such great times together.

    ReplyDelete