Friday, September 15, 2017

Friday, grandson is here,

     We had a an unexpected visit from our grandson and his mom.  He wears you out just chasing him.  He is a little red haired dynamo and so fun.  He has been entertaining Grandma and great grandma all morning.  I can't get anything done.  How do parents get anything done?  How did I get the things done I did when I had little ones?  Do we just forget how much we ran?  How much we said no. no.

     I actually was able to clean house yesterday, not deep clean but clean enough to keep things going.  Mom stayed in bed all day yesterday and got up about 4 p.m.  She is bruised but feels okay and ate a good dinner.  I took her out for a strawberry shake about 8:30 last night.  Just to get her out of the house.  I also did about 30 pieces of ironing.  I only have about 5 pieces left and my ironing basket will be empty until I wash clothes again.  Yippee!  Now that is an accomplishment.


     I also made a huge stock pot full of vegetable ground beef spaghetti sauce and froze 12 containers.  It is so good.  The fridge was full of small zucchini, yellow squash, onions, garlic, peppers, and i bough a big container of mushrooms on sale last week.  I also had enough fresh tomatoes to make sauce but not enough to can a batch of tomatoes, so it was a win,win.

     Today I have to finish up a wedding dress, and work on my pile o' alterations.  I promised myself I could do something fun like help my sister with her house if I got my quota done today.

     I also found out how much my car is going to be.  Just under $1000.00.  Is it a wonder I cannot save any money?  I thought it would be about $500.00.  Crap discouraging but doable.  I wonder what is going to break down next?  Probably me!

     I just have to remember, I have food to eat, a roof over my head, clothes to wear, a family that loves me and good friends.  So I will make it.  I won't make it today or tomorrow but with a positive attitude I will make it someday!

Have a great and productive day staying positive while you are in the negative.

Kim

16 comments:

  1. Kim.. proud you got to enjoy the day with grandson.. Oh my.. I too, wonder how we survived when our kids were young?
    The spaghetti sauce sounds good..
    Hope you have a good weekend.. and proud Mom is doing well.. Hope the soreness goes soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is so cute and funny. I love being a grandma. My daughter took 4 containers of my sauce over to her sister in laws so they don't have to cook dinner tonight. Sig said I will stop and pick up some french bread and we can boil up some spaghetti sis in law has a big garden for salad so it helped out two young mothers also.

      Delete
  2. I'm keeping my 8-month-old granddaughter while my daughter works and I wonder every day how I did this with three little ones all those years. I decided it's an age thing. I was young then. Now, I'm smarter, but I'm old and worn out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good for you. We often go an babysit our grandsons. Especially Hubs as he can get away more.

      Delete
  3. $1K...ouch. I hope you can come up with that quickly. Have Joel stand in the street and flag in customers to the shop like the innkeepers did on the silk road in China. lolz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I can but I just think $2500.00 in the last month that I could have put toward debt. I could have eliminated one of the smaller bills. Oh well no rest for the wicked. Still waiting for my e-mail even checking spam (not the kind you eat:)

      Delete
  4. I sewed all the time with three little ones and thought nothing of it. Nowadays, I am just not up to it. I guess I am old in some ways. That was really nice of you to take your mother out just to get out. My grandmother would balk at food but always eat ice cream eagerly. At least my car runs, but the water doesn't! $1K is a lot of money to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I just try everyday to get her out walking a little. Yesterday I did not want her walking around much after her head injury so a trip to MCd's was in order. I don't like her holed up in her room all the time. It is not good for her brain.

      Delete
  5. I had all three of my grandsons here this week too. The baby was fussy and just wanted to be held. He went home about half an hour after the older two arrived and by that time I was already worn out, but I helped them with their schoolwork anyway. It was fun to be able to teach my grandboys math and reading again. :)

    I'm so glad your mother is ok after her scary fall. I can't even imagine what it is like for you and your hubby to be her full time caretakers. Do you two ever get a break while someone else looks after her for awhile?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes last night I took her to sister's and I have a morning off, maybe the day!

      Delete
  6. I think the biggest difference in having the grandkids vs. your own is that you house was made for little folks when they were young. I could tell what my sons were doing just by the sounds of whatever they were playing. Now my home has different, not totally kid friendly things and it requires a bit more watching

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah like going in to the shop and finding Will with my dress shears?

      Delete
    2. That dangerous room would have a lock on it, even if it were just a hook and eye up high! Even if he did not get hurt, imagine the damage he could do to a wedding dress. I had a baby gate for the first child. I never needed on for the second and did not have an empty room to use as it was her bedroom. The third child touched nothing, plus there were two children to help me with what she was up to. Silence meant trouble!

      Delete
  7. I think we have both had enough of car repairs! I did, however, receive a comment that it can actually be a good thing. Better a car repair than a car payment! Enjoy the little one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is true. We usually don't have major car repairs. I probably should not say that as something else will break down.

      Delete
  8. At least my car runs, but the water doesn't! $1K is a lot of money to me.


    หีฟิต

    ReplyDelete