Thursday, September 28, 2017

Thursday, Motivation?

     Finding motivation everyday to continue this journey of becoming debt free is a struggle.  I am tired and I often feel like all I do is work and pay bills and I never get anywhere.  I know we have made great strides forward, but I can't help getting a little worn down and blue with the amount of time it is taking.

     The one thing I have figured out over the years is that if I cut myself back to nothing, I start to explode and re enter the debt cycle.  Which is why  Hub's and I travel some, and treat ourselves a little.

Things I am finally noticing in this struggle.

  •   Becoming debt free becomes easier when you can see that you have everything you need and then some. 
  •   It becomes easier when you count your blessings and realize what you really have. 
  •   It also becomes easier when you focus on experiences rather than things. 
  •   It becomes easier when you focus on others and not yourself.
     Right now I think I am just overtired, between mom and mom and mom and the shop I am a little overwhelmed.  Everyday I set goals for myself to accomplish a certain amount of work.  Those goals are usually met and when they aren't the excuse is .......  I over estimated my ability.  Okay so I think I am superhuman and I am not.  I don't even have a cape to wear.  Can someone make me a cape?  If I had a cape I think is would make all the difference.

    Have a great and productive day staying positive while you are in the negative.
   

Kim

6 comments:

  1. I have a black lace cape that is not helping. It has a spider web design. I hope you get rest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for you.. Debt free will come.. just hang on..even when unexpected things happen, put another step forward... One day, you will look up and discover..
    "your big day of being debt free is here!!" . I am proud you and hubby travel some and do things .. Even if it takes a little longer, you have to enjoy your self some, and rest some too... I think your too hard on your self.smile.
    Hope your mom is doing better.. Try to rest some.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I can hardly wait but in the mean time I am going to enjoy my life and be grateful. Thanks for the encouragement.

      Delete
  3. I so feel your pain. Our numbers are looking terrible for September. It has been a rough month. Hang in there. I'm rooting for you. You can do this!

    ReplyDelete