Wednesday, September 27, 2017

Wednesday,Why bother?

     I am beginning to ask myself why I bother to try and catch up?  Yesterday I had a wedding dress come in and 2 prom dresses and a myriad of small things.  I stayed up late ripping dresses and a suit coat and pants and, a wedding dress.....

     I guess I will just keep plugging along as there is nothing else I can think of to do.  It's not like a little fairy is going to come along and do the work for me, right?

     I took the pillow to my sister last night and she loved it. We visited for a little while as mom wanted to get out of the house.  She is not spending as much time at Lil sis's as she used to and I think she misses the change.

     I made a shepherds pie for dinner and also that huge pot of vegetable spaghetti sauce.  Mom frosted all her cookies with a lemon butter cream frosting and I made hubs a batch of chocolate cupcakes.  He will take cupcakes and cookies up to his old office.  They love treats and I sent treats all the time when he was working.  So they are sadly in need of some goodies.

     I did something different yesterday but I think is made me more tired I am not sure.  I started sewing first thing and sewed until 2:30 then I went up to cook and watch mom with her cookies.  Usually I try to get everything done in the house and then go down to the shop.  But as of late that seems to be later and later in the day. It was just that after I got people fed and I rested during the news, I still had hand work to do, mom wanted to go to Lil sis's and I still needed to clean the kitchen.  I am not sure it is a better system.  Actually either way I am tired.  At least today dinner is done and all I have to do in the kitchen is mop the floor.

     While we were cooking yesterday I cleaned the fridge one shelf at a time.  It was so bad.  I have been ignoring it for several weeks.  Usually I pull everything out clean it all at once and put everything back.  The one shelf at a time was much less mess and far easier.  The kitchen was a nightmare anyway with tomatoes, yellow and zucc squash, peppers, onions, frosting, cookies , mom, three burners going and the oven.  But as I was making a mess anyway, it was just much easier to clean the fridge in the mist of the disaster zone.

     So today I will go and batch up the sauce and freeze and then hit the sewing room.  Get a few dresses done and some other alterations, call a bride in for a second fitting, go and clean out the dressing room that has at least 4 dresses in there right now.  That way if I don't see them they are not there right?

     I am blessed with work.

Have a great and productive day staying positive while you are in the negative.

Kim

10 comments:

  1. I never had an order to work or sew. It just depended if children were around or if something needed to be sewn/altered first. After doing all you do, I would be in no shape to sew so hard. I saved me for sewing. I could deal with meals and cleaning when exhausted. You are blessed to be able to work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are one of the busiest people I have ever heard of! I am glad you have a lot of work coming in but wish you could have a little break from your mom. It has nothing to do with how much you care for her, but moms require a lot of time and care (and patience and hair pulling and teeth gritting)
    Have a wonderful day and try to find a little you time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I could really use a break. She does not let me out of her sight. I just want to go to a store by myself.

      Delete
  3. Can Hubs "babysit" Mom more so you can slip away alone?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She hates him and she watches me like a hawk. I need to have a serious talk with my sister about taking her at least one evening during the work week.

      Delete
  4. I'll be the little fairy!!! I wish... I'm glad you've got work and keeping busy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Will you. I will make you a costume and give you wings and sparkles.

      Delete
  5. Proud you got all that work done.. Now.. it is multiplying again.. Tiring just to read..
    Proud you got to visit with lil sister and rest a little.. Take care of yourself. the cookies sound really good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hub's took several dozen to his old office and they descended on him like a hoard of locusts.

      Delete