Friday, September 29, 2017

Friday, Woo Hoo!

       I love me a Friday.  Don't know why but is still just signals the end of a crazy busy week.  I have many things to do today and finish up.  I did a huge pile of ripping ( as in get things ready to sew).  Also went last night picked up zippers to put in items.  You all know how I love zippers.(snark)  I have a Wedding dress and a veil to finish.  Then I will get my work ready for Monday.

  I am hoping to get some Fall clean up yard work done tomorrow.  Not sure if this will happen as life may take over in the form of mother and other more needed things around the house.  Laundry is a must do and I am afraid the ironing basket will become its own continent soon.

     I'm thinking navy bean soup for dinner tonight.  I am going to try and make at least one pot of soup every week this fall and winter.  It is good for you, warms you up and is easy on the grocery budget. Plus I have beans in storage coming out my ears.

     It is so nice to have a weekend to look forward to with no set plans.  Just a do what you do weekend.  I don't get many of those.  So I cherish them.

  What does your weekend hold?

Have a great and productive day staying positive while you are in the negative.

Kim

11 comments:

  1. I am glad you have this weekend! As for me, I have no plans. Well, I do plan to take the baked, dirty dishes from the dishwasher and few wash them a few at a time in a pan in the sink...ugh! Oh, forgot. The biggest and best yard sale around happens s few blocks from me. So, I will see if I can manage to get there. Maybe I can find a cheap water heater. Seriously, they have everything!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its always nice to have a free weekend. This weekend Rebecca has a bake sale to be at for her AHG troop so I've been baking all day. We also have a birthday party for my nephew on saturday so I have to make his cake. Sunday is teaching PSR class then mass. Then hopefully home to do laundry. Have a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy your weekend and make sure you carve a little you time out of it.
    We were going to go to the lake for the night, do yard work there then come home about lunchtime Saturday. I am glad TheHub called this morning to say he could not get away early and asked if I minded not going. Nope, in fact I am glad we are not headed that way. Mom's Dr's. appointment was a marathon one, and I didn't get her back home until nearly 4. Thank goodness My Beloved Sister called me, because Mom had forgotten her handicapped place card had to be renewed today. MBS got off work early, met me at the Dr.'s to pick up the paperwork then stood in line for an hour. If she hadn't we would have missed the renewal entirely and had to start over with Dr. certifications.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are lucky here once you go on a disabled sticker it stays with you forever. We don't have to renew.

      Delete
    2. Hope you have a wonderful week.. ENjoy yourself, and do something you want to do..
      We have a flea market in our town, once a month.. And it is tomorrow..So I plan to check it out tomorrow.

      Delete
    3. Anne,
      I was late renewing my tag, which is when I get the placard. All I have had to do, ever, is sign my name confirming I am still disabled. Since we are in same state, I would think it should be the same. A temporary disability might be different.

      Delete
    4. I would think that once you had a tag it would stick, what a pain and many older disabled people have a hard time with paper work. But all states are different.

      Delete
  4. The plan around here is to work outside. The weather is suppose to be perfect! So, we'll be pulling the garden, weeding and maybe burning a small pile left from when we removed a tree. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm thinking of yard work, but hae an attack of the lazies. Hmmm...

      Delete