Tuesday, September 12, 2017

Tuesday, Curve balls

     Life is full of curve balls.  I have had many hit me recently.  I try dodging them but I was never good at getting out of the way.  I am fast but I have a tendency not to see them coming:)

     So in order to cover the bruises of being hit by these bits of life, I find small ways to give myself joy or happiness.  Doing for others makes me happy.  Creating makes me happy.  Accomplishing things makes me happy.  Even ironing 5 pieces of the grumbling pile in the corner can make me feel better.  Being productive makes me happy.

     Sitting around contemplating bad luck, or old bad decisions(debt) does not help you.  Moving forward and doing something does.  Finding small ways to save money is an accomplishment.  Working at something to make your life better or more beautiful will bring a sense of purpose in the chaos.  Right now my twin is helping a neighbor every day work on an awful back yard. Sis will get to look at the beauty she helped create and also help a neighbor.  Work is a blessing.  Having a purpose is a blessing.  Helping others blesses your life and smacks back the curve ball that just hit you.  So if you are having a bad day ( like yesterday) or a bad month, try to do something for someone else.  Or do something for yourself.  Bake something, read something, plan something, dream something, produce something.

     The shop was so busy yesterday and I struggled mightily to stay the course. Pretty proud of myself and also very tired today.  I just want to sleep and sleep.  Head achy, and having trouble breathing deep, hope I am not coming down with something:)

     Well I am doing well at eating out of the pantry and such.  Hub's however had to go to the store last night.  We spent  $32.00 approx.  Breakfast cereal, and fresh fruit, a few things for mother.  We were out of everything we bought so I felt okay about this. Also bought copper and silver polish.  I use copper polish almost every day. ( I use it on my face:)

     I have to complete two  pageant items in the shop before I can start on the pile.  Yes there is a pile.  So today is a little laundry if I can get it in and finishing the pageant things.  Then I have another wedding dress that needs to go out before the end of the week,the pile and continue working on my custom dress.  I need to finish the bodice and I want to have the skirt done by the end of the week.  I keep reminding myself that it is only Tuesday.  I can do this if I am left alone. Yeah like that will happen.

     I have a pile of curtains that I will fix for Lil sis when I can get to it.  I love doing things to help her with her house, because I love to create.  It gives my joy.

Have a great and productive day staying positive while you are in the negative.

Kim

    

12 comments:

  1. I like doing things for people to improve their life, too. Mostly, I can only teach/tutor people in anything from my field (English), math--very good at that, and sewing/fabric arts. It's hard for me. I can give a ride to someone. But, I have to limit that.

    Right now, I am hand-sewing fabric pumpkins. I will give them away. Most of the supplies are right here in my house. Creating makes me the happiest! I can imagine how supremely happy you must be. Ironing is not something I love to do, but I love the look afterward.

    I did not get up for a free dinner. I have one of the few headaches I ever get, and I hate it. I feel for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a headache also we must be thinking of each other.

      Delete
  2. Ironing? what's that?! (wink). I think I iron about twice a year - usually DH's slacks and dress shirt if we go somewhere nice haha! The rest of the stuff, if it needs wrinkles out, gets sprayed with Downy Wrinkle Release.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wear only 100% cotton in the summer as it is over 100 most days. So the iron is out alot.

      Delete
  3. This was a great post!
    I only iron on demand! It does nothing for my self esteem at all, but I agree about being productive or creative to chase away the yips.
    I agree doing for someone else is a reward in itself.
    I like creating also but for me sewing is torture, so I draw, write or bake. Same difference just different mediums.
    Keep dodging those balls!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just do what you love and do what you love for someone else It takes away the skulking feeling of the blues. If sewing takes away your religion don't do it.

      Delete
  4. Thank you.. I love your upbeat attitude.. Need it today [life happens.smile]
    How in the world , you do all the things you do??/ You amaze me..
    Now I must tell you...IRONING would NEVER bring me joy.. I HATE to iron.. I do it. but it is a drudgery.lol
    I love to sew and make things too.. Just such a joy. I sewed little girl dresses and biblical costumes and sold on ebay for about 10 years.. I finally got tired of it.ha But love to sew and make things for my kids are the house.. I am making myself a dress this week..
    Keep dodging the balls..Hope you have a blessed week,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess I just grew up with a mother and a mangler. it is hot here and 100% cotton wrinkles. Glad I made your day a little better, you certainly make me feel loved.

      Delete
  5. Copper polish on your face? Do tell - never heard of such a thing.
    Details please.
    You sound like you have been quite busy - keeps you out of trouble!!! LOL
    have a good day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No that was a joke don't try it please. I have a lot of copper in my kitchen and it tarnishes, it has to be washed by hand so I am usually polishing a piece or two.

      Delete
    2. I was skeptical, but keeping an open mind!

      Delete
  6. you do all the things you do??/ You amaze me..


    หีฟิต

    ReplyDelete