Wednesday, September 20, 2017

Wednesday, sorry I over slept

This is a picture of the bottom of my notion holder some thread spools and a shelf in my shop.  You get to see this when you lay down by the ironing board after you have sewn all night.  Yes I saw 7:35 this morning when the bride was leaving with a smile on her face.  I stumbled to bed and got up at 10:20 to help a customer and then back to bed until 3:30.  Hubs had to handle the rest.  Now I have a load of phone calls to return and I need to start my day!


Here is a picture of the happy bride taken after sewing all night and all day and all the day before...
She wanted and all lace dress with a scoop neck and a very full skirt.  I think this bugger weighed in at 40 pounds when it was done. Look at the pile of things behind her that need to be done.  Ugh!


This dress is also covered in beads and pearls.


 Here she is with her dress bustled.  The steamer cord adds to the ambiance.

With the full cathedral train.  Also 100 hundred buttons up the back.  Yes 100 I was sewing them on at 6:30 this morning as her mother finished hand sewing the lace around the bottom.  But she was thrilled and they are off.  This dress was not due out until October 5th but with her school and different family things going on they moved the date up.  What an adventure.























     I normally do not make Wedding dresses for anyone but my kids and nieces they are  just too much work.  But this child is one of my dancers that I feel like I raised.  She went on to dance professionally with River dance and now she is getting married.  Her mom and I have been through many an all night project getting shows up and running.  All I can say is it turned out beautifully and never again!

     I threw together a big pot of split pea soup that we are still eating on.  Hub's in in hell week with his show.  One of the cellists is coming over to borrow one of our cello's as hers has developed a crack and is buzzing every one out of tune.  I am so glad I insist on keeping all the instruments ready to play.  As in good strings and bows re haired.  Now we are not scrambling to get strings in this small town or frantically driving 120 miles to get a set in Spokane.

Well I have plenty to do and it is late so I am off.

Have a great and productive day staying  positive while you are in the negative.

Kim



19 comments:

  1. The dress is beautiful! I pull all nighters a lot and the morning after is no fun at all! Get some much needed rest tonight!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I slept alot yesterday and all night too. Thank you

      Delete
  2. Lovely dress and I will remind you you said NEVER AGAIN the next time.....hehehe

    Get some rest. All-nighters are no fun especially at our age.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Never again until my daughter or your daughter get married.

      Delete
  3. I feel for you! An all-nighter AND sewing on 100 buttons! Wonder Woman! Remember, I have sewn for a living, so this is not lost on me. You have now set a precedent, so you need to announce often and loud that you will never do this again. And, remember to memorize a good excuse...lol. At least it is over. Beautiful dress. Rest lots.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my!
    The dress is amazing!!!!
    And...you can tell how much your bride loves it...she is beaming!
    Hope you can get so well deserved rest. : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. No I laid down and took a picture because I wanted to lay down.

      Delete
  6. That dress is absolutely stunning! You are very gifted!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Incredible work! You are one talented lady, and she is one lucky bride to have you make this dress for her!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I was pleased she was thrilled all was well.

      Delete
  8. What a beautiful dress!!! whew... but that all nighter....lol. You do incredible work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you a skill of many years. and a little crazy thrown in.

      Delete
  9. Wow, you are amazing. That's fantastic!
    Hope you catch up on sleep soon xx

    ReplyDelete