Saturday, September 9, 2017

Saturday, irritated and blessed ?

     I had such high hopes for yesterday.  I had planned a some what free day.  A day to clean and do a few things I wanted to get done outside of sewing and sewing and sewing.  Well that was not to be.  The shop was just none stop busy. Client after client and many had to try on.  Brides picked up and had to be laced in and about, suits had to be measured.  Pageant contestant had 3 major items to second fit.  Among other drop offs and pick ups, it was just run, run, run.

     By 5:30 in the evening I was so tired and I was irritated.  What happened to my day?  I know I am blessed with work and I am grateful as we need to money.  I need to get money back in savings and I have no idea how much my car is going to cost to fix.  I just wanted a day.  Does any body else out there get these feelings?  Is it just me?  Am alone?  Do I need to write a sad song?  I can you know.....

     I went to bed and tallied my day and I guess it wasn't so bad just to much up and down the stairs.  Let's see, I did get

1. Mom's laundry all done a second time after a bad accident (don't ask) I was pulling dry sheets and towels off the fence about ( at night)
2. I did get the upstairs spare bath cleaned and scrubbed
3.  I did get the sheets changed and the guest room ready for company.
4. I got the hallway swept and mopped.
5. I did 18 pieces of ironing
6. finally at 11;00 last night I was able to vacuum mom's room and clean the family room. 
7. pulled all furniture into middle of living room in preparation to do hardwood floors.

Now today I have to finish the stairs and the front room.

At least the shop is not open today.

Have a great and productive day staying positive while you are in the negative.

Kim

9 comments:

  1. Exactly HOW does your house get so dirty??? All this sheet changing will just get worse as time goes along. If you don't have enough sheets, I would have mom by more so you are not so rushed with getting them washed in a timely manner. With all the up and down stairs, you must be in great shape.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes, I yearn for nothing days so much you have no idea! I took one on Thursday - I literally laid in bed the entire day sleeping on and off and still slept that night. I paid for it though, but being doubly behind, but hubs says I am handling things better, so it helped. I pray you can get a day like that soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't mind the work I just want to have the right to select the work.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Really? this is a gift that makes people first admire then despise you.

      Delete
  4. Can you come to MN and help me one day? Admire everything you get done in a day - I get overwhelmed easily and retreat and not much gets done then. I did make up 7 batches of pecan stuffing for chicken thighs yesterday though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can I get your recipe? I would love to make a pecan stuffing. Yummy!

      Delete