Thursday, September 14, 2017

Thursday, excitment not needed, thankyou.

     Yesterday was sew, sew, sew.  I was able to get the bridesmaid dress done (I still have to press it).  I was able to get another wedding dress ready for a second fitting which will happen this afternoon.Then hemmed another wedding dress.  So I felt pretty good about things.

     Mom had to have a shot in her eye yesterday and this always wipes her out.  We did not get home from the doctors until after 3:00.  My whole day was almost gone.  I made mom some food and got to work.  Luckily I had dinner planned and Hub's had a long rehearsal so he was not in my face.

     I was at my machine when I got a call from hubs at 7:05.  I tried to answer it but he did not answer.  So I thought oh he just butt dialed me when he was turning off his phone.  I then had a bride in for a drop off and the last pageant fitting, (of course they brought me another dress, an easy one but grrrr!).  Finally at 7:55 I realize I have a text from hubs.   It came in right after his first phone call.  They needed a piano light at rehearsal, but all it said in the text was school.  So what school?  We have four different schools they could be at.  Sometimes they rehearse at one school but have the show at another.  I tried our local high school first and sure enough I lucked out.  However hub's has keys to the whole building why he could not go into the band room and get a light is beyond me.  I guess their light was broken.

       So as the play was in full rehearsal I crawled under and around and plugged our spare piano light into the stage outlet and then crawled and slipped the light up on the piano.  I looked like a prairie dog, popping my head up among the instruments.  The pianist was laughing as I was crawling out.  I thought I had cleared the drum section when I stood up but alas my head hit the double cymbal and I was able to make a quiet exit.  NOT~!

     I went home and continued to work on the bodice of the custom dress.  Mom came out of her room about 10:30 and asked when we were having supper.  I laughed as supper was 5 hours ago.  She sleeps hard after her eye shot.  I made her some dinner and she ate in her chair as I continued sewing.  The Carole Burnett show was on her TV and she wanted to go watch it.  As she got up to go to her room she lost her balance.  I could see her trying to  regain her balance but she was going backwards.  I could not get to her in time.  I was also ( this would be my luck) holding a white wedding dress and a needle.  She went down backwards on her bottom and struck her head on the corner of our TV cabinet.

     It was so scary.  She was holding her head and I asked her if I should call an ambulance.  She said no she just had a bad bump.  She was crying a little and then asked for some ice.  I ran upstairs and got an ice pack and a cloth when I came down she was on her stomach with her head in her hands.  Now her hands are full of blood and I realize she has a large cut in she skull just under her hairline.  I ran up to get Hubs who was getting ready for bed.  Then back down and put pressure on her wound.  Hubs and I got her to her feet she was able to walk with help. As we headed out of the basement she tried to go through the shop.  Her hands are out in front of her and blood in running in her good eye.  All I could see was the 4 wedding dresses hanging where she could touch them.

     Both hubs and I together said "Oh no you don't."  We headed her down the hall and out to the car.  I told hubs to go back to bed as he has another long rehearsal tomorrow, but mom wanted him with.  When we got to the hospital I was so shook up I could not get my hands off the steering wheel.  It was like they were stuck.  They were stuck with sticky drying blood.  SO gross.

     Mom actually was very lucid and and the cut was glued shut.  It would have required 8 stitches and I thought it was pretty slick.  We were home within an hour.  But neither of us could sleep until about three.  She is very sore today.  I slept with her last night as I did not want her to get up to the bathroom by herself.

     Today I am wiped out.  Too much excitement.  I have two more bridal fittings later today.  I also have to get things on the pile done.  I would really like to do some house work if possible.

     My life is never boring.

Have a great and productive day staying positive while you are in the negative.

Kim

11 comments:

  1. All I can say is "Wow"
    You have more excitement in 5 minutes than most of us have in a month.
    Hope your mom is doing well and hope you get some rest and get all the white things out of the sewing room before another incident.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never a dull moment! Hope your mom is ok and good thing you had her checked out. I guess my MIL just took another fall the other day. FIL is having a hard time of it with her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It just never ends. But she is okay and will not really even have a scare. That glue is incredible.

      Delete
  3. oH my .. I am so sorry..As I was first reading, I was thinking.. oh yea... she has had a good day and accomplished sooo much.. and then... oh NO...

    Bless your heart.. Know that was so scary. Hope your mom feels better soon.. Know she is really sore.. She had a really rough day too..

    Hope you both get some rest..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you she is a trooper. I am so blessed that she is okay.

      Delete
  4. OMG Your Thursday was about as horrendous as mine. I need to keep that glue in mind. My heart jumped at the thought of bloody wedding dresses. Thankfully, she appears to be okay now. Good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. William is here and he was born on her birthday, so now this 18month old is entertaining her and she loves it.

      Delete
  5. Never a dull moment at your house! Glad your mom and the wedding dresses are okay!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes we are always up for an adventure, last night the transformer in front of our house blew. Sparks, fir engines total darkness, awesome.

      Delete