Thursday, September 5, 2019

Better attitude today

     Thanks for all the input and the confidence in my mad skills.  (heavy on the mad as in certifiable)  I really tried hard yesterday to tell myself that I have to set priorities and to hell with the rest of the things I want or think I need to do.

     I had a crazy bride episode yesterday where the bride was caught by her family in a myriad of lies and would not even come to my shop and pick up her dress.  My oh my the holes some people dig for themselves.  Then I had another set of dress blues come in for this weekend.  The young man had no sleeve ribbon but I told him I thought I had a set of those and when he shows up with this uniform jacket that looked like it had been slept in for a week he then told me he could not find his new rank in his apartment.  I was not surprised from the looks of the jacket.  So I dug around in my leftover patches drawer and found two of his rank (I never throw away anything taken off a uniform).  I often wonder how we give these people guns.

     I was able to get three dresses done and couple of things left from the pile.  I also ripped all the uniforms so they are ready to go this afternoon.  If I can get the uniforms done and one other sequin dress then I just have a mans wedding suit that needs some alteration, and a thorough pressing.  I think I should be able to get this done by late this afternoon,and then I feel like I might be caught up at least for this week.  I just pray no other emergencies come in.

     I had a couple of men who came in for a wedding try on,  lift the BBQ grills into Hubs pickup for me and hubs took them to the dump.  So happy as they have been sitting out in the driveway since B's wedding.  So one thing off the list.

Priorities for today:

1. Marine dress blue full set done
2. army dress blue jacket done and pressed
3. sequin dress taken in
4. clients called
5. hem pants and take up shirt sleeves and press wedding suit
6. finish prom dress hand work and press

  That is it for the shop!  Then maybe I can get something else done, like pay the bills and put things away in the kitchen, or the laundry or something on the list.  Wouldn't that be great!

     I would love to get outside this evening as the weather is so beautiful, but we will see.  I love to be outside it makes me happy.

What makes you happy?  What are you going to try and accomplish today?

Have a great and productive day staying positive while you are in the negative.

Kim

12 comments:

  1. I have been trying to get in a long walk everyday. It gives me some me time and I am in need of that right now. It has been a crazy summer and I feel like I got nothing done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do love a long walk. This summer was crazy for me also. But I did get alot done, just have so much more to so.

      Delete
  2. I walked the perimeter of our yard with the dogs once today while waiting for the canner to finish. Goal is to do it 4-5 times a day by end of month. Canned 16 pints regular green beans 16 pints French style green beans and 8 pints of dill green beans... back to work tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good for you. I don't can green beans any more as we can buy them for 3/1 after Christmas. I figure I know how to grow them and I know how to can them and I have the supplies so I eat fresh and buy them.

      Delete
  3. As a former soldiers wife I got quite a chuckle out of the soldier story. I can't begin to tell you the number of bachelor soldiers I have helped dig out of messes! I'm on Grandma duty tomorrow so today was spent doing laundry and catching up on housework.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My sole duty today was to get the electricity disconnected from the meter mast on our other property. It requires filling out a form. Apparently, I am the only one in our house qualified to do it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Funny how those men disqualify themselves from things.

      Delete
  5. I helped my cousin a bit at her house-dusted and vacuumed her family room and cleaned her entry doors. Her son that was hit by the minivan back at the end of July is doing so well he was released from the hospital and will have PT and OT as an outpatient. She has not had time n over a month to do anything so a crew helped on Wednesday and Thursday. I wish my own house now could get that attention. You're doing great Kim.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was so nice of you to help your cousin if you live close you will be a God send.

      Delete
  6. Goals for today:
    -deal with a super long stock class action settlement
    -Work & not be grouchy
    -Take Sam to his first therapy appt
    -Work out

    Good things - my long meeting was moved to a 1/2 day, so I can catch up on other work items before I leave for Denver for training on Monday

    ReplyDelete