Friday, September 27, 2019

Friday, almost a free day!

     I was such a good little seamstress yesterday that I only have the wedding dress to bead today and a few other little things to get done.  So proud to me.

     The ironing board and machine are still in the car from the class I taught last night.  So I am going to really clean up the shop before I bring them back in.  First I am going to get the wedding dress done as it is all hand work. I keep thinking I only have a couple things left to do in the shop, but as the nature abhors a vacuum, I have another wedding dress coming in today and another on Monday, plus loads of calls for other items coming in.  This is good, but I will have to make sure and keep a close eye on due dates as I will be gone so much in October.

     I am hoping after I get that beading done and another small alteration, I can maybe clean the linen closet and also clean out a freezer or two.  Just get something else done on the list. Wouldn't that be nice?

     I have no idea what I am making for dinner so need to go explore a bit. Like maybe take stock of a freezer, or a cupboard. I was noticing the upstairs food cupboard was getting eaten down which is great!  It needs some organization and love.  But not today, I have other plans for today.


     I am going to the Harley dealership tomorrow to sew on patches, and if it is a bust like last time it will be the last time I go in.  I have better things to do on my Saturdays.  Now if they paid me a minimum Dollar amount per hour I would go in for them.  I know they pay their bands, I cannot give my precious time away. 

     I also need to get my nails done.  This is always an aggravation for me as it is expensive and I hate sitting there, but it does keep infections on my itchy skin down. I have a bride and a homecoming dress coming in after 5:30 I am not sure this can be accomplished today.  Maybe late tomorrow.  Just have to fit it in before Sunday if I can.

     One thing I will try and get done this evening as Hub's is in the pit is the ironing, which now has a gravitational pull of its own.

     So what are you plans for Friday?  Do you iron?  Do you own and iron?

Have a great and productive day staying positive while you are in the negative.

Kim

10 comments:

  1. I spent over 3 hours in the doctor's office because of infected burn. I am dead since I spent time there Wednesday, too. I own an iron which may or may not be in the dump. What are the arrangements at the Harley store?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not today, cupboard! Not today! I have no plans, and most certainly no plans that involve ironing. I do have an iron, which I think is on the top shelf of my walk-in closet. Pretty sure it's in the box, and could pass for new.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am an ironer (just made up that word), not that I want to be. But everything is 100% cotton.

      Delete
  3. I have a love, hate relationship with my iron. Right now all the ironing is done but I know there will be more soon! You have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I own an iron but rarely use it. If I get clothes hung immediately, most are wash and wear. AS older kids/teens, we had hours of ironing to do in the family. My mo was a stickler-which is why I hate it so much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember starting to use the iron when I was 5. We also had a mangler for linens and sheets. The old linens from Sweden were so much thicker than what we have now.

      Delete
  5. The VFW hall my son goes to pays their "patch" lady as they fondly call her an hour rate and she gets "tips" from those she sews their patches on. The motorcycle group require payment for patch sewing to be upfront so she knows how much time she will be working. Both furnish food and drink free to her while she is there.

    Friday... Canned tomatoes and apples, fall cleaned laundry room and caulked all the woodwork in that room.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am not getting any hourly rate but if things don't pick up I will start to require one. They pay the band and the food people so I thin I need at least a guarenteed minimum a hour for my time.

    ReplyDelete