Sunday, September 15, 2019

Sunday, Fabulous day in the yard

     I had so much fun yesterday.  Hubs and I worked off and on in the yard all day.  I worked more than him, but I wanted him to take it easier as he had to open the theater at 4:30, then play in the pit for 3 hours and close up the theater so was not home until after 11 last night.

     I was able to get so many things off the September list and the yard looks great!  We filled 4 large trash cans and one large trash bag with weeds and debree. It is amazing how much work is left to do out there, but I do feel somewhat caught up,which is a good feeling.  We will still have to do a final fall clean up, which will be grueling, but that can wait until later.

     My hands and back are a little stiff and sore today as you can well imagine.  I weeded 6 large flower beds, and trimmed a 100 foot ivy wall and also planted many fall flowers and transplanted hostas.  Hubs picked up my messes as I threw weeds behind me and then he mowed the lawn.  I am great at making messes and love it when someone cleans up after me.( Sissie)

     Hubs just left for the matinee at the theater and I have a huge roast I am going to sear and put on later this afternoon.  We will be eating on that for a few days.  I am going to just make it with onions and bake some potatoes.  I want to use up a bag of our corn on the cob and make a nice tomato/cucumber salad.   Hubs will get home a little after 6 and he will be tired and hungry.

     Now I feel a Sunday afternoon nap coming on.  Yippee!

Have a wonderful and peaceful Sabbath.

Kim

13 comments:

  1. Sounds like a lovely weekend. You worked, but enjoyed yourself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a very nice weekend, even got those &^%$ curtains done!

      Delete
  2. Hi Kim,

    That was a perfect weekend. What a nice comfort food meal to make for your tired Hubby.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was very nice, I wish I could do that every weekend.

      Delete
  3. Even now, or in the last year when I could do little, I left a debris trail behind me when I lopped or pulled up weeds. I learned weeds just pop out of the ground if I pulled after a rain. I might only manage to lop one thing or pull two weeds, but I left them behind...lol. Maybe the day will come soon when you can stay in the yard as much as you want. I have a friend who is 88 and says she does not like to keep house anymore. She just wants to be in the yard.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm happy you got to "play" in the yard! The roast sounds good. As soon as our weather cools off, I'm going to make one with potatoes, carrots, and onions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could have made it that way but we had just spent two days eating a stew I had frozen and that sounded too much alike.

      Delete
  5. Yard work is great stress reliever for me. I am glad you were able to enjoy your time in the yard! Sunday naps are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a great weekend! We had M's cousins over last night, which, while not relaxing, was so much fun. We can never get together due to schedules, and while I would have preferred a Friday or Saturday, it was absolutely great to see them & we had a wonderful time.

    Glad you had a chance to work in the yard. My yard is here & ready for attention, should you ever get bored at your house. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope you had a very good nap. I can’t imagine working in our yard all day and then at a theater all evening. You are Wonder Woman

    ReplyDelete