Wednesday, September 11, 2019

Wednesday, Kim plans, God laughs

     Well as usual nothing went as planned yesterday,  I was so proud of myself setting out my work and keeping ahead of the game.  I had my little schedule, and I thought about how much fun I was going to have working outside after I finished my sewing.  I had finished hemming and taking in bridesmaid dress #1, and then I hemmed bridesmaid dress #2 and I was on a roll with bridesmaid dress #3 cut and serged and ready to sew.  As I was changing the thread from grey to blue, the power went off.  I was sitting in the dark.  Sitting there just about to squint and put that blue thread through the needle.

     So I went upstairs to see where hubs was and I told him the power was out.  He as usual was sitting on the sofa reading his latest biography.  He turned on the light next to him and sure enough his power was out also.( if you want to know the truth Hubs power has been out for a long time)

     So now I think well at least I can go outside and as I was thinking that there was a loud rumble and clap of thunder, which explained the power outage. Well you can't weed in the rain, I guess I could have but I knew I had to go teach a class at the studio and the thought of getting all wet and having to reset my hair was not something I wanted to do.  So I went a laid down to play with my cell phone.  That led to a very deep three hour nap.  Yes I woke just as the power came back on at 5:35.

     Yikes, I have to be at studio at 6.  So off I go, I teach for an hour and then run to Lil sis's and she wants help with her daughters upcoming wedding.  Now I had every intention of getting home to complete at least my sewing for the day.  But ,alas as I had worked her like a dog at my daughters wedding, she has fair game at my time.

   I was at her house until a little after 10 p.m. and then came home and finished dress # 3.  Then cut the top layer of dress #4 which had sequin strings along the bottom and each one had to be glued to keep it from unraveling.  So I had to leave this drying in the shop for this mornings adventures.

     Needless to say NOTHING got done on my list.  But I did get in a good nap which was wonderful.  Count your blessings.  So now I need to get to my list for today in the shop as well as take a meal into my friend.  I have a taco casserole in the freezer and I am going to make a nice salad and stop and get a bag of tortilla chips, and I need to scare up something for dessert.  There has to be something in the storage I can whip up.

  I will finish dress #4 from yesterday and then I have to steam a wedding dress for pick up at noon.  I have a grooms man suit to hem and press, and I am also going to cut the fringe for another Nez Perce Indian regalia. I also hope to get two suit coats altered, but that might not happen. The pile is getting larger again and I just got a call that more is coming in.Tomorrow I will deal with the pile.

     Hubs is in the thick of rehearsal and was not home until after 11 last night.  I really think he needs to nap in the afternoon during this schedule as it really wipes him out.

     Thanks for all the advice on paying off the house.  I am so glad I have so many good advisors as I am so dithery (I made up that word).  Of course all your advice was not what I wanted to do, but many of you said maybe 1/2 so I will think on that.  Pay down more and go from there.  Patience is not my virtue.

     There is laundry to put away and laundry to get done, also bills to pay, hair to set, makeup to put on, beds to make, linen to swap out, a meal to cook, a dessert to find.  So I had better bet the old rear in gear.

     What are you going to do today? Any fun plans?  Or is it just plan old everyday chores?

Have a great and productive day staying positive while you are in the negative.

Kim
    

16 comments:

  1. Today is my birthday, and Tommy is in a taciturn mood. He has not responded to one thing I have said or laughed about on TV. Yesterday, he said he was looking for something to do on my birthday, maybe a movie, dinner. I did not know if he meant both. But, I found a movie, YESTERDAY, and we are going to that.

    I am going to cancel the whole thing if he decides he has nothing to say to me today. We usually have a bit of small talk, if not a real discussion. Jerk!

    Other than being annoyed, I used my Magic Bullet. An internet friend gave it to me since I am supposed to avoid fiber. Hopefully, this makes fiber pulverized so I can still have it.

    It is 1 pm and he has not bothered to mention my birthday. But, I will wear a new outfit even if I just sit here...lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. just the same old work routine with canning cucumbers, beets, and apples added into it. Got knocked down by one of our dogs and whacked out pretty good. Pretty stiff, skinned up and will no longer be the one to take her out of the vet's office. I get the "boys" LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sorry, you need to be careful around those large animals as you are so tiny.

      Delete
    2. Well happy birthday wether you get to celebrate or not.

      Delete
  3. If you had a nap, all is not lost! I love naps. :) I'm having a pretty regular day. It's grocery shopping day and now that I'm done with that I'm taking a little break.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A regular day. I love that, what is a regular day?

      Delete
  4. I think you probably needed that nap. Naps are nature's way of slowing us down.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had an unexpected 30-minute nap in the La-Z-Boy around 6:00. It did not spur me to do great things afterwards.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well it is hard to spur me to do great tings unless there is a diet coke on a stick in front of me.

      Delete
  6. Why do we even think the day will go as planned. I had a "Kim" type day today, with one event after the other. I had to be at Mom at 7 am which started the ball rolling and things (and my car) didn't stop until late afternoon/early evening. After that I had a couple of hours of sheer bliss though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, if we had a day go as planned we should go see if camels are gathering...

      Delete
  7. As much as it was a huge part of my life for so long, I am glad I am no longer teaching dance. In fact, I start to get panic attacks when parents question me about private lessons, or current teachers ask if I'm available to sub. Oh, sure, I know I'd be fine once I got there, and after I ran them through their first round of plies, feel as if there is no place I'd rather be. But that's how they get you hooked, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know. I am not excited about going down there, but I do love the students.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You get so much done in one day that you put me to shame.

    I am glad you got your nap. You must have needed it.

    ReplyDelete