Thursday, September 19, 2019

Thursday,Try and get out of town

     Since my post yesterday went down the rabbit hole never to return, I wanted to re-show a picture of the figs coming out of the dehydrator.

    
Also a couple of commenters wanted to know the name of the brand  of dehydrator I have. It is an Excalibur.  I love it , it has 9 trays and they can be adjusted by height.
Hubs folks gave us this for Christmas one year.  It gets so much use in the fall.

























Pears from our tree.  I am drying these like crazy.  My kids and grand kids love dried pears.

I am going to Missoula to help my brother this afternoon. I made it clear to him that I could not work as hard as I did last time.  It was just too hard on my hands and arms.  He assured me that things were much better. Of course his much better and mine are in two different worlds, but that remains to be seen.  His wife wants help redoing their bedroom and she liked what I did with the girls room so I will come and help them get things organized and decorated.  They have old nightstands and dressers that we gave them about 5 years ago.  So there is no furniture involved just the purchase of a bed frame.  I am taking the truck so Bro and I can peruse second hand shops.

I had a hard time yesterday keeping myself motivated, I don't know what my problem was.  I have most of the things off the pile.  There are many things I want to accomplish today before I leave and I would like to be out of here by 3:00.  I want to be over the pass before dark and I lose an hour once I hit the Montana border.  Deer are prevalent on the top of the pass, and the most dangerous part of the trip is the last 2 hours, so I want that done in daylight.  I have hit two deer on that road.

I just picked up the family room and I have started two loads of laundry.  I need to clean both of the upstairs bathrooms, they are disgusting.  When I work outside the inside suffers. I should pull some things out of the freezer for hubs.  Then I have a few sewing things I would like to get done.  I still have a mens suit jacket to alter, it is ripped and waiting.  Then two dresses to hem.  I am going to wait on starting to fix that antique wedding dress until next week when I get back.  That is just to intense to start right now.  So today is mostly about leaving a clean house and finding food Hubs can eat easily.

Do you have any plans for your weekend? Do any of you clean your house before you leave so if you die and people come over they won't know you are a slob? Morbid I know, but my mother always told me to make sure and leave a spotless house when you travel.  Sometime I do and sometimes I just don't give a rip.  Plus leaving hub's here gives me no hope of coming home to really clean.

Have a great and productive day staying positive while you are in the negative.

Kim

20 comments:

  1. Oh no, it sounds like you are cruising for trouble girly. You are brave going back to help with their house.
    I haven't been motivated much at all lately - but got off my bum today. I have the 2nd canner of salsa processing right now. Oops, thanks for the reminder - I have laundry that should be done in washer.

    Trying to get my groove back.

    Have a safe trip. I can't drive at night any more and those beauties of deer scare me. BE SAFE

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw two moose just as I was entering Lolo Hotsprings and then two deer ran across the road as I entered Lolo. It was still light outside.

      Delete
  2. Oh Cheryl don't I know it. But I told him if I came into the mess I encountered last February, I would turn around and walk right out. I wish there was something I could do to cheer you up. Where do you live? You know Sluggy and I are fast friends and we travel to see each other and go on girl trips and you would be welcome to come along or we could come bother you. I am great at bothering people. It has to be hard with your husband gone and very big adjustment. Those are big if not impossible shoes to fill. I think of you often and pray for your comfort. Now get to work.:) .

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like that pic of the figs. I've never seen a fig in person, not even a dehydrated fig. Hope your travels are safe. I got the "clean underwear" lecture for leaving home, but not the "clean house" lecture!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I got that one also. I swear my mother was more concerned about me having on a slip or a half slip than she was about my virginity.

      Delete
  4. I do clean before I go away but it is so when I have a ton of laundry and unpacking to do, I don't have to worry about cleaning. Don't overdo it at your brothers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was very good, and I probably clean for the same reason.

      Delete
  5. Leaving a clean house was not on the radar, ever. However, it was never that messy until the last few years. I used my dehydrator all year long until lately. Any produce on special, like bananas for ten cents/lb, went right into the dehydrator. But, for the last two years, that slipped by the wayside. Thankfully, the thieves did not know what my dehydrator was. It is the same as yours--Excalibur with nine shelves. Deer scare me, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am all about dehydrating, especially if whatever I have on hand is about to ruin. Maybe I will harvest my apple trees and pick both apples, but I probably won't dehydrate them.
    Take it easy at your brother's house and be a director not a laborer.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I dehydrate a lot until this year.If I get pears I might try dehydrating them as we eat a lot of dried fruit in oatmeal etc. When I was working and taking culinary classes in GA every 2 wks (10 hr drive one way) I always had the house cleaned and 2 weeks of food prepped for Hubby. Maybe I need to go back to that mentally to get this house cleaned LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I try to clean my house reasonably well before a trip, so we don't come home to a total disaster. It's been a real struggle this week at work, so trying to get stuff done & clear my plate for Monday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have a lot on your plate my dear, you are still raising little fellas.

      Delete
  9. Thanks for the dehydrator info. Don't over do it at your brother's house.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope you had a safe trip. We have to be conscious of the deer here daily.

    Enjoy your time away.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I did a fast clean Friday before family came andvwe left for rest of weekend. It was nice having some sense of organisation.

    ReplyDelete