Thursday, September 12, 2019

Thursday, Still trying

     Well other than getting $200.00 down to the bank to get the house under $9,000, look, look, look, I am still behind on the things I want (need to get done ) this week.  But is Kim discouraged? No,  because I still have today and tomorrow and I will see what I can do.

     I have all the strips of leather cut for the regalia, but now I have to use a rotary cutter to cut the fringe.   It won't take long to get the fringe on the dress, but it will take time to cut almost 5 yards of 1/4 inch fringe.  That is my first project for the day.

     Yesterday I went to the storage and pulled one can of pumpkin expiring at the end of the month and two cans of condensed milk, I had pie crusts in the freezer.  So I whipped up two pumpkin pies one for my friend and one for hubs.  He sure was happy to have a pie waiting for him at 11:00 last night.  I had already gone to bed, but I could hear him using the spray whip cream, before he had his treat.

     I have not decided what to do today? Do I make my neighbors curtains or do I attack the pile? The pile is going to be out of control again soon, decisions, decisions.

     After sewing and getting the leather strips measured and cut and then cooking, I was wiped out.  So I did nothing last night even though I had about 1.5 hours of sun light.

     I just ran to the neighbors to look at the windows I am making curtains for and her fig tree is ripening. So I picked about a dozen figs and I ate 4 immediately.  I am going to have hubs get the dehydrator upstairs and I will start drying figs and maybe apples and pears.  I have not allowed hubs to pick any of our apples or pears as I just don't have time for the mess.  Thank goodness the garden is slowing down. At least I don't have that to contend with daily.

     Well I am off to get something done.  What are you going to do today?  Anything fun or exciting?  Please tell me something exciting, my life is so ........ yeah.

Have a great and productive day staying positive while you are in the negative.

Kim

24 comments:

  1. I am washing, weighing and freezer tomatoes and calling Rite-Aid for the THIRD TIME about BC that wasn't applied back to my card on Monday. ugh. No fun to be had here so don't even think of coming over....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kim,

    I have been under the weather so just getting back over here. I think I am getting a cold. I want to congratulate you on putting another $200. on your mortgage. Can you hear me applauding? :-)

    I should do the same with my pumpkin that is expiring. Maybe I will make a pie or some pumpkin muffins or bread for my son and grandson this weekend. I bet your Hubby loved the pie.

    I hope you are getting your sewing done.

    I ran a bunch of errands and got my hair cut.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know gardening is so much work, but I can't help being envious of all that fresh produce.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a really nice things about it, but sometimes....

      Delete
  4. Well I got jars out to use for jelly and salsa. I got all the stuff out that I will be using. Hoping to spend the next couple days working on canning. We'll see - it always depends on my mood! It is hot here and just staying in and working on inside stuff.
    I may need a nap - you wear me out reading your posts!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wear me down rereading my posts. Especially when my plans go all wonky. I so need to make jam. Maybe next week.

      Delete
  5. I'm so excited for you! YOU are going to have the house paid for before you know it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My exciting news is I am eating a BLT(homegrown lettuce and tomato) as I read your post. I also had a piece of leftover zucchini pie with it. I love my garden. Great job on the mortgage.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fortunately the squirrels made sure I did not have to worry with taking care of any apple abundance! I envy your harvest!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My dog is a squirrel Nazi. One dare not enter the yard.

      Delete
  8. I picked up prescriptions at the pharmacy. Hope hearing about that wasn't too much excitement for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know Val you lead and extremely exciting life. With Hick and all.

      Delete
  9. I went to work and took a nap when I got home. This has been a long week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet you needed a nap,I am happy you took one. Everyone needs a good nap once in a while.

      Delete
  10. I am boring and productive today. I organized receipts. I hope you lay down before I told you. I am excited to see you under a milestone. I have no pumpkin since it all went to the dump with the rest of my food. I can imagine how happy your husband coming in late to a pie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad you are getting things done and he was a happy boy.

      Delete
  11. I am doing some research tonight for my ethics paper. I have tomorrow off, and so I will be going over to the school tomorrow to work on the paper. So, tonight it is setting up the framework.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I so remember writing paper after paper when I was in college. So much work.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have cucumbers that need to be made into relish. Apples(coons got mine so had to buy) to be made in to chunky applesauce and the cores and peels into apple butter. I have 1 bushel of beets to pickle and can. I have onions that need to be made into caramelized jam and pickled onions and canned. I have 12 butternut squash that will be delivered today or Monday. I have cabbage in the garden that needs picked and made into freezer slaw. I have 4 rooms that need to be cleared this week to be painted starting the 23rd. Fall cleaning, changing curtains, bedding which means extra laundry, winter prep of caulking, insulating etc and decorating for the seasons is on this week's list also. OH and I have the final winter curtains to sew and have 2 days of cat sitting to do during the painting week. FUN never ends

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I was there to help you. Snort like we would either of us have time for that, but we would be fast friends and I think working together would be fun.

      Delete